Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still loooking for the best one to use. Might as well go with these recommendations

Comment

• Beginner here choosing his first bag gloves

After doing a decent amount of research, considering price point, specific use, and my location (Australia), I'm looking to buy bag gloves and am tossing up between:

1. Rival RFX Guerrero Intelli shock 10oz:

2. Rival RB10 intellishock 12oz:

(Each are visible on the Rival website, I can't post URLs)

Going by the sizing guide for rival, these are the appropriate sizes for each respective glove for me. I like the RFX more, but is 10oz too small / weak for a bag glove? Would I end up injuring myself?

Am also going for the 200 inch wraps and will try with and without a gel pad. I have already begun wrist strengthening exercises I learned from YouTube.

The other reason I prefer the RF 10oz is it will give less room for me to 'cheat' and use bad technique.

I'm also open to other brands if anyone has a suggestion, by no means am I stuck on Rival.
      Last edited by EagleFang69; 02-13-2021, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• EDIT: for more confusing info found on the interwebs.

What's up er'body? I'm glad I found this site. I can't believe I hadn't seen it before now!

I have a couple of questions though. That's actually how I came across the site. Has anyone used the Bad Company Retro Punching bag? I want to replace my old bag and am also looking to fill it with Rubber Granules this time. The bag is 180x35cm and the company suggests that it carries max. 70kg (roughly 154lbs). I never weighed the old bag, but it felt pretty light to me under heavy blows during the time that I had using it. It was filled with a mix of old fabric remnants and a sand-filled sack at the base. To make it even more confusing the manufacturer of the granules gives a completely DIFFERENT measure for a bag in the size I'll be using. 180 cm diameter 35 cm, approx. 125 kg of granules. (which is 55kg heavier than what the bag company suggests max filling weight to be.) Since I've never used a rubber granule-filled bag, I'm looking for:

1) Experiences with rubber filling?
        2) Whether or not 70kg of rubber material sounds about right weight-wise?
        3) Specifically, has anyone had experience with the Bad Company heavy bag?

Thanks in advance!
        Last edited by SavageRock; 05-06-2021, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• Hi everyone! I'm trying to get some information on the types of boxing handwraps that is most commonly used in the community! It would be amazing if you could help to do a quick 3min survey? Thank you so much!

Link:
          https://forms.gle/roZswtspL1TpGGLW6

Comment

• After my personal experience I can conclude that Starpro Combat comes with high-quality boxing gear, especially I love their Training Boxing Gloves due to high quality and affordability.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatjamaicanguy View Post
              I agree

I have some IMF tech sparring gloves in white. They're awesome. Comfortable, great padding. Awesome color
              Agree 100%. Ringside makes great bag gloves and sparring gloves. Especially thumb protection. Oh yeah, I have big hands too. I've been hearing a lot about Rival being good for big hands. Anybody have any experience with that glove?

Comment

• Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
                winning you wont regret it. grants are a slight step above cletos and winning just beats everything else especially the headgear and gloves.
                I have 12oz and 14oz Reyes gloves. They are a great punchers glove, hard as a rock, but the compartment is pretty tight and I don't like the thumb compartment.

Comment

• Adidas is known for producing quality boxing shoes, and the Box Hog series is a popular choice. The Box Hog 3 offers ankle support and a lightweight design. Nike too has a strong presence in the boxing shoe market, and the HyperKO series is designed for stability and support. Look for the version that suits your needs. Reebok on the other hand also offers boxing-specific footwear. Their boots come in various styles, including some with ankle support.​

Comment

Working...
                  X