Stretch exercises for boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good helpful thread!

Comment

Warm up first (jump rope, run, etc), then you should stretch. Then after your whole workout you should stretch again.

Comment

Is it ok to stretch after hot shower instead of after workout?

Comment

Google "Dynamic Stretching vs Static Stretching" for a more in depth explanation.

Prior to your workout try doing some lunges, medicine ball twists, duckwalks and a bit of shadowboxing. If you have time to do a round or two of jump rope do that too. This should help get you warmed up, along with prepping your muscles for your boxing workout.

Do your static stretches after your workout. Try some of the stretches shown in rskumm21's post.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Stretching

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
            Move around a little to loosen up your muscles. Walk or jog in place, lightly bounce on your toes for 5 minutes first, then do your stretches. It is Equally important to stretch before and after your workout.

Agree, light warm up. Bonce around for about 5 minutes and do dynamic stretching. Then do your warm, workout, cool down and static stretching. Great stretching diagram, good for static stretching.
            Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-25-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
              i always feel that warming up is better than stretching. u stretch after a workout, not before. and i have had this confirmed by people i learn from.
              Static Stretching yes, save it for after.

Dynamic Stretching, do it before your workout.

Comment

stretch befor and after boxing

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
                  i always feel that warming up is better than stretching. u stretch after a workout, not before. and i have had this confirmed by people i learn from.
                  why you believe in only stretching post work out?

Comment

Working...
                  X