No announcement yet.

southpaw techniques ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southpaw techniques ?

hi guys i.am new in boxing world and i need some technique for me i.am a south paw and if there any advices for me and 10x

switch to orthodox

Comment

best thing a southpaw can do is square up against an orthadix fighter
      or any fighter for that matter
      throw caution to the wind and just try to slug
      Southpaws are the best sluggers ever
      everyones afraid to slug with a southpaw

Comment

i was never afraid to slug a south paw. I would always try to box but if it wasnt working I would turn it into a brawl, happily. And let me add that they are not the best brawlers. There are so many different types of fighters, how could you say that one is the best at anything. Stand square with me too long and you will go home with bruised or broken ribs. The straight lead to the body is there all night long. Being south paw only means that SOME fighters might not be used to the stance and tactics, thats all. Others know how to work it just fine.......Rockin'

Comment

Southpaws are the hardest for an orthodox to play with. all the tips i can give are, work on your right jab for starters and try to get footwork right. Thats the most important thing for a biggener.
          btw , watch videos of soutpaw boxers and learn from them!
          Goodluck and dont give up

Comment

Originally posted by Ark
            Southpaws are the hardest for an orthodox to play with. all the tips i can give are, work on your right jab for starters and try to get footwork right. Thats the most important thing for a biggener.
            btw , watch videos of soutpaw boxers and learn from them!
            Goodluck and dont give up
            i wouldn't say southpaws are the hardest fighters for an orthodox fighter. look at kostya tszyu... he destoyed judah and sharmba mitchell both badly KO'd.
            anyway, depending on how tall you are will be ur style (usually). if ur a tall southpaw stick a stiff jab in everyones face. you'll win a lot of fights like dat.if ur short...fight like a short fighter...inside.

Comment

imma southpaw boxer, and personally, its an advantage mainly because when you square up against them, they aren't use to the position you put them in,which gives you an advantage if you know how to move around

o and KDR start out with your right jab, and basically follow through with your punches, but don't forget to keep your balance and keep your gloves up, and you want to try and circle your opponent leading with your right foot, moving right

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
                i was never afraid to slug a south paw. I would always try to box but if it wasnt working I would turn it into a brawl, happily. And let me add that they are not the best brawlers. There are so many different types of fighters, how could you say that one is the best at anything. Stand square with me too long and you will go home with bruised or broken ribs. The straight lead to the body is there all night long. Being south paw only means that SOME fighters might not be used to the stance and tactics, thats all. Others know how to work it just fine.......Rockin'
                lmao
                sarcasm buddy
                most southpaws tend too be less agressive or counterpunchers by nature
                i was just given my usual bad misinformned advice when people make threads like this

Comment

I tend to be a southpaw.. It seems to workout pretty good most the time..

Comment

You tend to be a southpaw?

Comment

Working...
                    X