No announcement yet.

Milk before bed works wonders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk before bed works wonders?

Ive found that drinking a fairly large amount of milk before sleeping (normally after a work out) is having a large effect on muscle tone/gain, anyone know why this is? Ive heard its the casien protein or something along those lines

I think is something related to lactic acid, isn't?

Anyways, I don't drink milk, it makes me fart a lot

Comment

i drink milk only when i need to wash down a bag of oreo cookies

Comment

http://www.fitnessmantra.info/2007/0...efore-bedtime/

Comment

Does milk cause acne? Cause I have some and I dont want it to get worse

Comment

Warm milk with honey before bed does wonders.

Comment

Milk is great before bed. A great source of protein.

Although if you want a protein source before bed, you are better off eating Cottage Cheese or buy a Casein Protein Supplement.

Originally posted by fadan80 View Post
              Anyways, I don't drink milk, it makes me fart a lot
              You're probably lactose intolerant. However a lot of people that are lactose intolerant have no problems stomaching or digesting by-products of Milk, like whey.

Originally posted by andalusian81 View Post
              Does milk cause acne? Cause I have some and I dont want it to get worse
              There is endless speculation on this. I personally think it's a load of crap. I drink a 1/2 gallon a day and no problems on my end. Same thing with Chocolate and acne.

However if you are a teenager, Acne is pretty much standard because Acne is mainly caused by fluctuating hormones.
              Last edited by TheNegation; 11-03-2009, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
                Milk is great before bed. A great source of protein.

Although if you want a protein source before bed, you are better off eating Cottage Cheese or buy a Casein Protein Supplement.

You're probably lactose intolerant. However a lot of people that are lactose intolerant have no problems stomaching or digesting by-products of Milk, like whey.

There is endless speculation on this. I personally think it's a load of crap. I drink a 1/2 gallon a day and no problems on my end. Same thing with Chocolate and acne.

However if you are a teenager, Acne is pretty much standard because Acne is mainly caused by fluctuating hormones.
                milk is good for the bones,a strong boned boxer has an advantage over a weak boned boxer,milk is good in every sense of the way

Comment

i think the mixed martial artist would win because boxing is good in the ring with rules but without rules it wouldnt work but i got a question in the ring who do you think would win rocky or rambo with no weapons and normal boxing rules

Comment

Originally posted by the jab View Post
                    i think the mixed martial artist would win because boxing is good in the ring with rules but without rules it wouldnt work but i got a question in the ring who do you think would win rocky or rambo with no weapons and normal boxing rules
                    What does this have to do with milk?

Comment

Working...
                    X