Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check out these custom, hand made gloves (review included too)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
    the commissions used to allow custom gloves
    there was a big issue of a contract preventing liston using his normal custom gloves in a fight back in the day - his hands were way huge.

i like my shevlins, but i really need a lot of time to break in the thumb.
    however; the leather's very soft though, so i just can't imagine it breaking in anymore.
    all i know is that the thumbs hurt bad when hitting stuff, eventho i cut the thumb attachments.
    otherwise they're sweet, but way pillowy and can get super-hot.
    yeah i noticed what you mean about them being pillowy. they may not last as long as other gloves because of this, so i'll just use them for sparring and some light training

the thumb issue is a non factor with mine. maybe it is because of how i asked them to make/attach the thumb, i dunno
    Last edited by fdotorres; 10-19-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

torres, vives en puerto rico actualmente mi hermano?

pq me interesaria ir a un boxing gym aca pero no se donde hay y menos buenos.

btw, the gloves look sweet. there's no other way to describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_tC View Post
        torres, vives en puerto rico actualmente mi hermano?

pq me interesaria ir a un boxing gym aca pero no se donde hay y menos buenos.

btw, the gloves look sweet. there's no other way to describe it.
        de q parte eres? yo soy de bayamon y se de unos cuantos... casi todos los municipios tienen un gym municipal con un area de boxeo

en caguas y en guaynabo a LA boxing gyms q es donde entrena juanma. pienso ir a ver el de guaynabo en estos dias a ver si me cambio a ese

and thanks fro the compliment man

Comment

they look nice but are they sanctioned by the state boxing athletic commission

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
            they look nice but are they sanctioned by the state boxing athletic commission
            lol they're 14oz gloves for training, no training glove is sanctioned by anyone

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
              noob got exposed green k for u

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
                noob got exposed green k for u
                what do you mean,in any good gym the gloves have to be sanctioned,what do you mean it does not matter are you and your other non boxing fans trying to fool someone,why use something that is not sanctioned,while you train if the gloves are not reliable[sanctioned]they may cause injury,you guys should really study and learn about boxing before you try to outfox me,[mr boxer]a boxing professor

Comment

i really like those gloves and i would like to get a pair of bag gloves but i want lace up with the ribbed cuff the same style you have could you help me out

Comment

Originally posted by jjones10591 View Post
                    i really like those gloves and i would like to get a pair of bag gloves but i want lace up with the ribbed cuff the same style you have could you help me out
                    I can help you out. Use a sunblock with a higher SPF. GottDAMN!

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                      what do you mean,in any good gym the gloves have to be sanctioned,what do you mean it does not matter are you and your other non boxing fans trying to fool someone,why use something that is not sanctioned,while you train if the gloves are not reliable[sanctioned]they may cause injury,you guys should really study and learn about boxing before you try to outfox me,[mr boxer]a boxing professor
                      anyone coming off your school would be a failure then. if you know so much, why did you come here asking if they're sanctioned in the first place?

no training gloves is approved by anyone. if they are, find me a single link that says so

only 8 oz and 10 oz gloves are approved for pro fights and 10 oz and 12oz for amateurs if i recall. you can use grappling gloves to hit the bag and be a pro boxer, who the hell cares?

i'll tell you what. PM me and i'll educate you on whatever else you don't have a clue. this thread is a review with pics and impressions, not an FAQ session, so leave your question for another thread

Comment

Working...
                      X