My oldschool and unique training regimen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My oldschool and unique training regimen

me.jpg me2.jpg
    So Far I have been getting great results. I am not using any S & C coaches ideas. These are purely my own ideas / invention based on what I think works.

I can't workout every day right now, because I have bills to pay. So what I do is dedicate entire days to training. With the object of punishing myself and being disciplined. Some of these things I had to work my way up to, and didn't happen over night. I have 3 different days, based on the motto "no wasted time" Which I garnered from the Roman legionnaires, who made sure every second of the day, including eating was slotted out. I will post one of these days, but each one varies - but on the same concept of "no wasted time".

Everything has a cardiovascular element to it, because this is boxing not weight lifting. The heart is the most important muscle and allows you to overpower your opponent through force of will. With this in mind I have been able to spar opponent's who sometimes out weigh me by 50-60 lbs at the most.

day 1. Wake up at 8 a.m, Ice shower with a poker face (sounds funny but isn't easy). We live in a soft world now, I must be hard on myself. This apparently releases testosterone from the adrenal gland. I Eat a large amount of fruit, as it digests in 30 minutes and offers carbs for energy. This is to make sure I don't cramp on my run.

at about 9:45 I run 12 km's. which is just shy of 8 miles. I would like to run longer, but I tend to cramp up before my stamina is truly depleted. I run at a pace of about 13 km/h. I am 5 ft 7 in height.

by 11:00 I am home and famished, and consume a large breakfast with protein. This is my biggest meal of the day. Then I relax for about an hour or so to digest fully and do a full body stretch. Thinking of adding a stretch before the run.

by 12:30 my bag is packed full of gear, about 25-30 lbs. I walk 9 km to my local Movati. I march to the gym to ensure I have to march back. bring the total to 18 km. This developes a lot of lower leg strength and core, by keeping a proper posture. it takes me about 45 minutes to walk to the gym. I got the idea from Blackburn, who used to get Joe to row out for miles, ensuring the only way back is to row back - regardless of fatigue.

2:00 I hit the heavybag with single power shots, like Marciano. digging the shots in the bag to work my punching muscles. I used bag gloves, so I can make a proper fist. it has hardened my hands. I do about 10-12 rounds at a rate of one punch for roughly every 1.5 seconds. (In my pervious post on Tik tok you may view the method).This exhausts my upperbody,I am sore each and every time I do this workout.

3:30 I head upstairs and the hardest part of the workout begins. This alone has drastically increased my full body fitness. On the rowing machine I will row for 20,000 metres. it takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes without stopping. I have my waterbag beside me for hydration. On the rowing machine I make sure I do a 80% situp at the end of each pull, resulting in complete destruction of my core muscles by the end of the workout. This alone clocks about 1200 calories if we go by the machine, and this isn't factoring in the situp at the end of each pull. I did this before my first run this year, and running 7 miles was absolutely nothing compared to this. a walk in the park. In fact the only thing stopping me from running 10 miles is the cramps, but this is because I am not used to running. If anyone finds this hard to believe, I will post screen caps of my times.

6:00 After this I do a stretch. pack up my gear, and buy a protein shake from the kiosk. I then begin my march home, 9km.

7:00 I get home at this time and am famished. I eat a good meal and drink a lot of water.

8:00 One last workout, my Forearms, only takes about 20 minutes and I take my time doing it.

The times may or may not be entirely accurate, but this is an example of what I accomplish in one day. In other instances I sometimes swap the run out for the evening instead of the morning, as it helps me sleep and lets me spend some time with my mother, who walks and jogs a bit (she's 70).

I have 2 other variations of these "work days" that are similar in structure with different workouts.

Do I wish more of it was actual boxing? absolutely, but it's not always easy to find sparring and the like, however this summer I should be set to go.

here are some results. Never have my arteries been so enlarged.

I only do these days for about 3 days a week. the other days I relax or work, as it not only consumes a lot of calories, but I cannot keep this up every day unless I was getting paid to do it. Let me know if I need to elaborate on anything.
    Last edited by them_apples; 05-05-2024, 10:48 PM.
    Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

Geez, almost 2 hours of rowing without stopping? I don’t know how you don’t get bored. And for how long will you be able to keep doing it on a regular basis?

Respect to you anyway. If it works for you then keep at it.
    I use headphones and get in a “hostile” temperament mentally beforehand. What usually happens is a breaking point you just have to find a way around it mentally. I think about the pain Marciano was able to deal with and put himself through. Use that way of thinking lol

Comment

I was able to spar 4 x 4 min rounds with another national champ. I believe I did quite well. Don’t have clips unfortunately. The coaches at the gym seemed to be happy as well as other fighters so it must be a good sign

this kid seemed to be the star of the gym the last round I def got the better of him I feel.

Comment

Working...
      X