• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hit the liver as a southpaw or switch hitter

I'm curious if it's possible to get power from the left handed stance

Originally posted by MÄtztli View Post
    I'm curious if it's possible to get power from the left handed stance
    Of course, you have to work in the gym punching from both sides.
    K.O Azteca Gaydrien Boner likes this.

Comment

It is unusual, but not impossible, to hurt the liver with a straight punch, in the case of a southpaw, that will be a cross. But if you are a southpaw and you want to punch the liver of an orthodox opponent, then switching stances is inevitable, it will be like Mike Tyson's movement. Otherwise, delivering a body hook from a southpaw stance is doable, but requires even better positioning at the right moment (you can imagine standing against an orthodox fighter, dropping your hand low to throw it from a longer distance while you get exposed for his cross which is faster to deliver). As for getting enough power, if you properly land on the liver, it doesn't even require much.

Comment

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post
        It is unusual, but not impossible, to hurt the liver with a straight punch, in the case of a southpaw, that will be a cross. But if you are a southpaw and you want to punch the liver of an orthodox opponent, then switching stances is inevitable, it will be like Mike Tyson's movement. Otherwise, delivering a body hook from a southpaw stance is doable, but requires even better positioning at the right moment (you can imagine standing against an orthodox fighter, dropping your hand low to throw it from a longer distance while you get exposed for his cross which is faster to deliver). As for getting enough power, if you properly land on the liver, it doesn't even require much.
        You need get someone on a turn, which happens

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

You need get someone on a turn, which happens
          Just get under his jab, while busting him in his body. When working the body it's kind of like hand grenades, all that you need to do is get it close, he'll feel it. Trust me! ................Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 02-07-2024, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

Just get under his jab, while busting him in his body. When working the body it's kind of like hand grenades, all that you need to do is get it close, he'll feel it. Trust me! ................Rockin'
            Dunn taking notes on Rockin's tactics!

Good one Rockin!
            Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

Yes I have to cut off the ring and set up my power punches to the body

Comment

Yes I have to cut off the ring and set up my power punches to the body
                You can do it brother!

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

You can do it brother!
                  look at Julio César Martínez or Gervonta Davis on how they setup their body shots watch one of their fights
                  Last edited by Gaydrien Boner; 02-09-2024, 12:41 AM. Reason: Ee

Comment

look at Julio César Martínez or Gervonta Davis on how they setup their body shots watch one of their fights
                    Some good fighters to go by.
                    K.O Azteca Gaydrien Boner likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X