Going from Fat Loss to Muscle Gain!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from Fat Loss to Muscle Gain!

Some fun facts first:

I was exactly 174 lbs on June the 12th of this year. Approx 5'7 height.

Sept the 8th of this year: 149 lbs exact. Approx 5'8 height.

Fast forward to Sept 28th: 137 lbs approx. Still 5'8.

I've dropped around 40 lbs of fat, gone from overweight and chubby to lean and fairly muscular. I started at a boxing gym on June the 18th, and began a low-fat/low-saturated and trans fat/low sugar diet around July the 8th-9th. After that I began to lose around 2-3 lbs of fat on a weekly basis, and now I'm almost done. After around 3-4 months, I'm almost finished losing weight (just have a little left around the lower belly and pec area).

However, I'm not really sure how to go about building lean muscle now. I've developed a fair bit, but I know I still have a ways to go from being kind of muscular and lean to outright ripped and lean. I'm pretty sure I have the fundamentals of lean muscle development down, but I could still use some specifics. For example, what kind of diet is best? And how much time and effort should go towards calisthenic work? Cardio?

Please and thanks.

i wish i lose 25 to 35lb but its gonna take longer for me.....

Comment

basically what you already know, stay in the gym, keep working hard and stay on your diet.

Comment

Hmm thanks gerard but I was worried my current diet might start burning muscle after it finished with my fat...

Comment

Originally posted by RayDiggle View Post
          Hmm thanks gerard but I was worried my current diet might start burning muscle after it finished with my fat...
          Make sure you taking enough protein and not doing excessive cardio, you should be ok.

Comment

generally losing fat means making muscle, more long strong lean muscle mass will burn off calories. just get in the gym, train hard and sweat, u'll see results

Comment

Working...
            X