Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Square stance the best stance to throw a knockout punch ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Square stance the best stance to throw a knockout punch ?

I heard that is the best stance to throw powershots

It can't be as power full than if your foot was behind you, but you must watch for the body shots coming back at you.

It sucks to eat those.................Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      It can't be as power full than if your foot was behind you, but you must watch for the body shots coming back at you.

It sucks to eat those.................Rockin'
      Rockin knows..........
      Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

There is no better stance, the knockout punch is whatever presents itself . Squaring up is more for shorter fighters and you can definitely get serious leverage digging in and committing to a solid punch , mainly body shots but there is no best stance because the opponent will be in different positions it’s not just what your doing it’s what he’s doing .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-19-2023, 11:28 AM.
        WillieWild114 WillieWild114 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          There is no better stance, the knockout punch is whatever presents itself . Squaring up is more for shorter fighters and you can definitely get serious leverage digging in and committing to a solid punch , mainly body shots but there is no best stance because the opponent will be in different positions it’s not just what your doing it’s what he’s doing .
          But still, to get the most power out of a shot you want yout back leg to sturdy the shot, standing square you are only throwing 'arm ' punches. Your body will play a very small part in the power of the shot............... Rockin'

Comment

But still, to get the most power out of a shot you want yout back leg to sturdy the shot, standing square you are only throwing 'arm ' punches. Your body will play a very small part in the power of the shot............... Rockin'
            You can still have a dominant or slightly leading foot squaring up . Squaring up means shoulders in a more front position , no one who knows how to fight is going to have the same feet position equal to one another unless your getting under a severely tall guy and going right up the middle with a shot .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

You can still have a dominant or slightly leading foot squaring up . Squaring up means shoulders in a more front position , no one who knows how to fight is going to have the same feet position equal to one another unless your getting under a severely tall guy and going right up the middle with a shot .
              It does, but it's not about the offense. It's about the defense and how much of your body you are exposing.

Once you're in for a decent number of years, everybody seems to know how to work the body.

Just giving away points while putting your endurance at risk..............Rockin'

Comment

It does, but it's not about the offense. It's about the defense and how much of your body you are exposing.

Once you're in for a decent number of years of Rain Guard Roofs, everybody seems to know how to work the body.

Just giving away points while putting your endurance at risk..............Rockin'
                I've seen some boxers stand with their bodies tilted in an angled stance and seen other boxers stand with less tilt in a more squared stance. Mayweather tends to have have his body angled whereas Joe Frazier preferred the more squared stance. Both guys are ATG. Can someone explain the pros and cons of each stance? Also, which stance to you generally prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by Omegamanic View Post
                  I've seen some boxers stand with their bodies tilted in an angled stance and seen other boxers stand with less tilt in a more squared stance. Mayweather tends to have have his body angled whereas Joe Frazier preferred the more squared stance. Both guys are ATG. Can someone explain the pros and cons of each stance? Also, which stance to you generally prefer?

I was told that I always stood too square when I switched up to boxing ultra aggressively from being a classic boxer and walking the whole ring, controlling with a jab. I don't know why that happened. Maybe being squared up gives the opponent less time to slip my right hands.... I'm not sure.

Out of the classical boxing stance, slanted, it gives your jabs more reach. The jab is the bread and butter for any classical boxer.

I'll have to think some more about it.

I'll get back to you on this.

But if a while goes by, remind me about this...........................Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                  X