Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many Brits Here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i remember him, bit of a male model I beleive. He fought Chris Eubank in the early 90's but he was more of a lt middle I think so Eubank was too strong for him, but yeah he had some nice moves

Comment

He was a good looking guy, with all due respect. And I did see him in a movie where he played a stalking killer guy, dont remember the name of the film though. He gave me high compliments when we were done working, stating that I was a hard puncher and fast, well back in the day I may have been. Really nice guy though. What happened in the Eubank fight?

Another thing, have you guys ever seen Colin "sweet c" McMillan fight? I had read a book about a guy who became directly involved in his career. The book was called "This Bloody Mary Is The Last Thing I Own." It was a good read. But in the book he was amazed at how fast and smooth Colin was and how many thought that he could be the next Sugar Ray, that is before his injuries. Any comments on Sweet C McMillan?.....Rockin'

Comment

That's some good quality sparring by the way!
        Basically the situation with the Eubank fight was it was a WBO middleweight title fight & Eubank was a big middleweight on the verge of going up to super middle, i'm pretty sure Stretch was a light middle at the time but stepped up for the shot so Eubank was basically too big & strong for him, stopped Stretch in the 6th I think.
        McMillan was a very cute, slick boxer but he was lacking in physical strength, he lost the title because of an arm injury if i'm right, a dislocated shoulder was involved and he never fully recovered from that, he had fights after that but was never the same & the last time I remember seeing him fight he was beat up & stopped by Paul Ingle (A good fighter anyway)& the last I heard he was Audley Harrison's business manager or something so he's still involved in the game.

Comment

Barryboy I stay in the West End. Do you train at a boxing gym?

What other good gyms are there in Glasgow(preferably near the west end)?

Cheers.

Comment

i'm from scotland too, east part of edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmills
              Barryboy I stay in the West End. Do you train at a boxing gym?

What other good gyms are there in Glasgow(preferably near the west end)?

Cheers.
              I'm in the West End as well mate, just next to Partick.
              I've not been to the gym in years i'm afraid, I used to go to clydeview ABC but they train with pros as well so that's a plus, It's situated at the community center just next to the Kelvin Hall. The two big clubs in Glasgow would probably be Peter Harrison's gym and Alex Morrison's gym but that's East End.
              Check out scottishboxing.com and post something in the forums there coz they have a good few amateur fighters on the forum and maybe they'll have a better idea

Comment

So are you lads going to Arthur/Docherty next month then?

Comment

Thanks a lot. Clydeview ABC near Kelvin Hall?
                  Brilliant I'll check it out.

I didn't have any plans for Arthur/Docherty. What date is it on?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmills
                    Thanks a lot. Clydeview ABC near Kelvin Hall?
                    Brilliant I'll check it out.

I didn't have any plans for Arthur/Docherty. What date is it on?
                    Yep you'll see a petrol station just past the Kelvin Hall, walk to the right and go straight down the street in front of you & you should see the community center.
                    Arthur/Docherty is on April 8. I was pissed off coz it was supposed to be at the Kelvin Hall which is only 2 seconds from me but now it's in Edinburgh so it's the train for me I suppose I wouldn't miss this one for anything it's the biggest fight up here since Buchanan/Watt in '73' so it'll be some night.

Comment

Working...
                    X