Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know when to take a break?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boxing is not for you,i think you are not training properly,you are getting tired because when you spar you are probably throwing wild punches which in turn will make you tired,after reading your comments i believe that you are not training right,when you hit the heavy bag you are probably just hitting it like a chicken without a head, just try and pace your shots when you spar and hit the bag and throw well coordinated punch combos

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
      boxing is not for you,i think you are not training properly,you are getting tired because when you spar you are probably throwing wild punches which in turn will make you tired,after reading your comments i believe that you are not training right,when you hit the heavy bag you are probably just hitting it like a chicken without a head, just try and pace your shots when you spar and hit the bag and throw well coordinated punch combos
      I'm in better shape than your keyboard warrior ass will ever be, get the **** outta my thread troll.

Comment

who are you sparring against the refection in the mirror,give yourself a break and get a trainer this way you can get on the right track

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
          I had been taking the summer of, last week i started going to the gym again and i didn't waste any time. I have been training very hard, sparred 4 times in 7 days and intense training. I have been cutting down my calories intake, i try to stay under 2000 calories a day, and i'm a pretty big guy.

Anyway, i usually take every saturday off and it's enough for me to recuperate and be able to go through another 6 days of training without any problem.

But yesterday i felt tired and sore even though i had taken saturday off. I still went to the gym and had an intense 6 rounds sparring session. I took some hard body shots, last night it was fine but when i woke up this morning i felt like i had been in a car wreck.

I still went to the gym tonight, warmed up, wrapped my hands and started hitting the bag. After a round i just went "**** this, i'm going home". Took my **** and here i am.

It was just an accumulation of physical fatigue and mental fatigue, i'm also pretty stressed out because my father is undergoing surgery tommorow.

So am i the only one who knows when he needs to take some time off? I know some of you keyboard warriors will say that you train 8 hours a day without ever resting but i live in the real world and i think that resting for a day or two only means that i will be able to train at 100% when i get back at it.

What do you guys think?
          I'm the same I train pretty much every night (sparring, pads, bags, strengh) and when I should rest at weekends I end up running. I'm generally ok for a couple of weeks but then it catches up with me and I'll be ****ed for a week and I cant put 100% into training. I'm training two days on one day off now and it seems to be working - try and get plenty of sleep too.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
            hahaha did make me laugh lol

but anyway i train 6 days a week and always have sundays off, sometimes i might be forced to take a day or two off, you might feel bad at first but you definetely benefit especially when youv'e been training hard. im in a similar position to you as i had loads of time off in the summer, put on about 5 or 6 kilos and when you first come back you do ache alot and feel like ****, but ease yourself in and you'll be up to full speed in no time....

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
              I had been taking the summer of, last week i started going to the gym again and i didn't waste any time. I have been training very hard, sparred 4 times in 7 days and intense training. I have been cutting down my calories intake, i try to stay under 2000 calories a day, and i'm a pretty big guy.

Anyway, i usually take every saturday off and it's enough for me to recuperate and be able to go through another 6 days of training without any problem.

But yesterday i felt tired and sore even though i had taken saturday off. I still went to the gym and had an intense 6 rounds sparring session. I took some hard body shots, last night it was fine but when i woke up this morning i felt like i had been in a car wreck.

I still went to the gym tonight, warmed up, wrapped my hands and started hitting the bag. After a round i just went "**** this, i'm going home". Took my **** and here i am.

It was just an accumulation of physical fatigue and mental fatigue, i'm also pretty stressed out because my father is undergoing surgery tommorow.

So am i the only one who knows when he needs to take some time off? I know some of you keyboard warriors will say that you train 8 hours a day without ever resting but i live in the real world and i think that resting for a day or two only means that i will be able to train at 100% when i get back at it.

What do you guys think?
              Sounds like you have a good training program. But the one thing that can and will derail any training regimen is stress. All, if not all of us are accustomed to the usual life's complications. But group an increase in stress, complications, along with your normal physical training demands ..... and that becomes a major overload ...... which can equal a crash.

In most cases, don't over analyse the result ...... just realize the causes and take a little break, until you can reduce the additional stress and complications you're experiencing. After that ... get back ontrack.

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X