No announcement yet.

Punching Bag Gloves With Wrist Wrap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punching Bag Gloves With Wrist Wrap

What gloves does everyone recommend for hitting the heavy bag?

I was interesting in the ones that have the wrist wrap in them.

Thanks in advance!

They dont make gloves with wraps in them, They have gel wraps that are junk, But they are just wraps. You can hit heavy bags with nothing, wraps, Heavy bag gloves or actual boxing training gloves. If you use gloves the you need to wear wrapsunderneath (Like $10), And get the gloves big enough to fit the wraps. Go to http://www.ringside.com/departments.asp?dept=12 for gloves, And http://www.ringside.com/products.asp?dept=1087 for hand wraps

Comment

Hand wraps? Gloves!!

This forum needs a damn shake down, You do not need gloves in the pursuit of boxing, bareknuckled or perhaps a small strap of leather is fine. Working the heavy sand sack bareknuckled increases the size of the hands and forearms, and makes the wrist stable and sturdy.

Comment

also after your done with the sand bag make sure to soak your hands in a salt water vinegar brine to toughen the skin you can also wash your face with this to toughen the skin and reduce cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by learning View Post
          What gloves does everyone recommend for hitting the heavy bag?

I was interesting in the ones that have the wrist wrap in them.

Thanks in advance!
          You need some handwraps, and some Bag gloves if your going to be working the bag seriously. I know the gloves you are talking about, and you don't want to use those on the heavy bag. Get some bag gloves at least 14-16 oz. Then when you are ready to start sparring, you'll need some training gloves, probably 16 oz as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
            You need some handwraps, and some Bag gloves if your going to be working the bag seriously. I know the gloves you are talking about, and you don't want to use those on the heavy bag. Get some bag gloves at least 14-16 oz. Then when you are ready to start sparring, you'll need some training gloves, probably 16 oz as well.
            Do you think its a must for the wrist wrap and glove combo?

Comment

Originally posted by learning View Post
              Do you think its a must for the wrist wrap and glove combo?
              Maybe not, but I personally wouldn't go with those.

Comment

Is he talking about the gel wraps? I f you don't have alot of money then just use training glove on the bag, You can use these for most else, Double end bag, Hand pads, sparing, But some guys will only spar with sparing gloves(Softer and thicker than training gloves). And Remember you can just buy some $10 hand wraps and use those

Comment

Nonsense and blasphemy!!!

Comment

I pick up a pair of the Contender Gloves, and a pair of wraps. The wraps I got have the thumb insert on them.

Comment

Working...
                    X