No announcement yet.

boxer fracture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxer fracture

2 weeks ago was doing bare knuckle boxing , did a few hooks, digged into it really hard. cant move my right hand the first few days, 2nd day went for xray, base of 5th metacarpal/hamate wrist bone, only show small signs of bone irregularities suggestive of fracture,
    pinky abit bent now like in crawl shape when resting. able to make a fist, do pull ups, grip stuffs, however any pressure apply to the pinky side of my palm above the wrist causes pain. not sure if its just a bone injury or did i injure my ligament/tendon as well? think i flexed abit of my fist as well when throwing the hooks
    has booked an appointment with my ortho in a few days time.

Originally posted by icerealm View Post
    2 weeks ago was doing bare knuckle boxing , did a few hooks, digged into it really hard. cant move my right hand the first few days, 2nd day went for xray, base of 5th metacarpal/hamate wrist bone, only show small signs of bone irregularities suggestive of fracture,
    pinky abit bent now like in crawl shape when resting. able to make a fist, do pull ups, grip stuffs, however any pressure apply to the pinky side of my palm above the wrist causes pain. not sure if its just a bone injury or did i injure my ligament/tendon as well? think i flexed abit of my fist as well when throwing the hooks
    has booked an appointment with my ortho in a few days time.
    An actual bareknuckle fight or training without gloves?

Comment

I wouldn’t try to power through anything for now. Isolate and baby it for as long as you can. If something hurts then don’t do it. Hands don’t hold up well to bare knuckle anything.

Comment

What an idiot! Hopefully this was profitable tuition.

Comment

Working...
        X