No announcement yet.

Bulking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I've gotten to the point that all I recommend now is calisthenics, medicine ball, and running for boxing.

You really don't need much else as fas as strength and conditioning goes. Maybe wood chopping but that's it.
    I can't believe that you actually believe what you just said............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

I can't believe that you actually believe what you just said............Rockin'
      I believe it. In the calisthenics category I include pull-ups and dips.

No need for anything else.
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 04-03-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I believe it. No need for anything else.
        A marathon runner comes in to a boxing gym in prime shape for running marathons, how many rounds do you believe that he can spar before becoming absolutely exhausted?

How do your eyes and timing get sharp doing cals?

How does a medicine ball help get you used to taking blows to your head and being able to fight after you have been stunned.

How does your fist become hard and compact from doing anything that you mentioned? There is sooo much more that I could mention that just beats your hypothesis in to the ground.

No sparring what so ever? If you ever start your own stable please give me your gyms info...............Rockin'

Comment

A marathon runner comes in to a boxing gym in prime shape for running marathons, how many rounds do you believe that he can spar before becoming absolutely exhausted?

How do your eyes and timing get sharp doing cals?

How does a medicine ball help get you used to taking blows to your head and being able to fight after you have been stunned.

How does your fist become hard and compact from doing anything that you mentioned? There is sooo much more that I could mention that just beats your hypothesis in to the ground.

No sparring what so ever? If you ever start your own stable please give me your gyms info...............Rockin'
          Scroll up. I clearly said "as far as strength and conditioning goes." Skill work is something else entirely and what people should be spending most of their time on.

Maybe read a little more carefully next time before you get snarky.

In the running category I include sprints as well as longer distance runs. I did leave out jumping rope, though, which I shouldn't have. So my list is:

Calisthenics
          Medicine ball
          Running
          Chopping wood
          Jumping rope

Then all the boxing skill work you can get.

Comment

Then all the boxing skill work you can get.
            You didn't include that in your original post. ............Rockin'

Comment

I am sure that you know that I had a stroke. But I sure am tempted to take you up on your offer of 'breaking me in the ring'.

Come and get it.

Long Live Donald Trump!!!.........Rockin'
              I didn't know you had a stroke. I'll go ahead and leave you alone, no hard feelings. Sorry pal.

Comment

Originally posted by Empathy View Post
                I haven't been able to go to boxing for a long time due to the gyms closing. I have always been extremely skinny due to my fast metabolism but am considering bulking. Although I am aware it relies on many factors, I was wondering how you can tell what your walkaround mass is. For reference I am 5'8.5 and 118.5 pounds. Should I bulk? If so, how high should I go, and how should I do it? Cheers.
                Depends on what your bulking for if your a fighter etc ? If it’s for just for self defense etc yea you should put on a little more size . Your walk around weight should be at least 135 . Work lower body once a week do upper body twice and get training in when you aren’t sore , mass builders with probiotics ,shakes are a must , creatine monohydate and ground grown vitamins help . There’s many things out there naturally now to help out in the end you know what’s best so anyone advise isn’t the end all .

Comment

I believe it. In the calisthenics category I include pull-ups and dips.

No need for anything else.
                  I’d love to see your pics .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    I’d love to see your pics .
                    We've seen yours.

Your form on bicep curls is as bad as your form on the heavy bag.

Comment

We've seen yours.

Your form on bicep curls is as bad as your form on the heavy bag.
                      Your still a hiding ***** .

Comment

Working...
                      X