Losing weight keeping the muscles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing weight keeping the muscles?

Hi,
    I didn't boxed since June but i still shadow boxed and stayed in shape. The problem is that i ate much more than i do in regular time and did a lot of weight lifting and pushups(320 a day). I won muscles but i won a lot of weight ( 156 pounds). I'm supposed to fight by the end of september at 141.

Could i lose those 15 pounds without losing my muscles?

What are your tips to lose weight effectively. Thanks for the answers.

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
    Hi,
    I didn't boxed since June but i still shadow boxed and stayed in shape. The problem is that i ate much more than i do in regular time and did a lot of weight lifting and pushups(320 a day). I won muscles but i won a lot of weight ( 156 pounds). I'm supposed to fight by the end of september at 141.

do cardio and you need to burn more calories than you eat. You can lose 1-2 lbs a week. any more than that and you are losing muscle. Make sure you get 1.5 grams of protein per bodyweight to maintain the muscle you already have.

Comment

keep lifting and you wont loose your mucsles

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
        do cardio and you need to burn more calories than you eat. You can lose 1-2 lbs a week. any more than that and you are losing muscle. Make sure you get 1.5 grams of protein per bodyweight to maintain the muscle you already have.
        u will lose some muscle, but not much if u do what he says above

Comment

We just cut off our balls.

Comment

Originally posted by PP--- View Post
            We just cut off our balls.
            Must be some heavy balls to lose 15 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
              Hi,

Don't eat anything with sugar in it. No desserts at all. The only thing thats okay is fruit.

Comment

Not happening. To put it short.

Losing weight = Muscle Loss.

Comment

eat no more than 3,000 calories a day, a gallon of water a day, ALL whole grains and potatoes for carbs, no high fructose corn syrup, lots of vegetables, multivitamins, and run like a race horse. you will lose the weight quickly and as long as youre giving your body the nutrition it needs there is no reason you will expierience any major muscle loss

Comment

It also depends on your body fat %, if its already low then you really dont have an option than losing muscle. you have about a month so i say just run your ass off and lower your cals a LOT. 3000 cals a day is prob too much to be honest when im dieting i keep it about 1800 - 2000 (if im working out that day). I believe its around 3,000 - 3500 calories = about 1 pound of fat loss. So you'd have to have a calorie deficit of X per day to lose 15 pounds, thats a lot for a little over a month. I dont think you really have an option.

Comment

Working...
                    X