No announcement yet.

What is "Killer Instinct" ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "Killer Instinct" ?

I'm not sure what it means by having a Killer instinct, and i hear that term a lot in boxing.

There was this one time in a sparring match when i perfectly timed a right cross to my opponents head, and he was rocked for a while, but the punch i threw triggered the action through my brain and i had a weird feeling when i threw it. Now i don't know whether that was my 'killer instinct' or a perfectly timed fluke punch.

I'm not really sure what it means by Killer Instinct,

Is it something you are born with?
    Is it something you progress and learn about through experience?
    or what...?

its pretty much how good you are at finishing off an opponite when there hurt

Comment

Originally posted by FlaminGuru View Post
      I'm not sure what it means by having a Killer instinct, and i hear that term a lot in boxing.

There was this one time in a sparring match when i perfectly timed a right cross to my opponents head, and he was rocked for a while, but the punch i threw triggered the action through my brain and i had a weird feeling when i threw it. Now i don't know whether that was my 'killer instinct' or a perfectly timed fluke punch.

I'm not really sure what it means by Killer Instinct,

Is it something you are born with?
      Is it something you progress and learn about through experience?
      or what...?
      No. Killer instinct is something you develop. I'm no brain scientist, so I'm doing this at the risk of sounding stupid...but, synapses, I'm pretty sure are the reason for this. They stop occurring when you reach a certain age. That's why people who had it hard are great at boxing, because they'll keep getting up regardless of the damage unless unconscious.

What you felt was a good shot. You'd know if you had no killer instinct if you were in the ring with a guy and he hurt you and you survived, then you seriously hurt him where he's wobbling around and **** and you grab him and help him stand up and recover, instead of punch him that one good last time.

Comment

i need to work on having more of a killer instinct during a match.

my last fight my trainer was pissed at me for not finishing up my opponent when i had him rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Glove View Post
          No. Killer instinct is something you develop. I'm no brain scientist, so I'm doing this at the risk of sounding stupid...but, synapses, I'm pretty sure are the reason for this. They stop occurring when you reach a certain age. That's why people who had it hard are great at boxing, because they'll keep getting up regardless of the damage unless unconscious.

What you felt was a good shot. You'd know if you had no killer instinct if you were in the ring with a guy and he hurt you and you survived, then you seriously hurt him where he's wobbling around and **** and you grab him and help him stand up and recover, instead of punch him that one good last time.
          You could NOT be more wrong stop posting in this section with your inaccurate and bull**** comments.

It means to finish off your opponent when he is hurt notice he was hurt by a shot and going to stop him.

Comment

synapses, I'm pretty sure are the reason for this. They stop occurring when you reach a certain age.
            Synapses is the firing on neurons in the brain. Without this you'd be a vegetable

Comment

It's more than being able to finish an opponent. It's actually "knowing" when they are hurt and then finishing them.

It's usually not an acquired trait and it's VERY hard to teach.

Most people just possess it.

Some guys will hurt their opponent and then they are unable to tell if they are hurt or they simply hesitate to jump on the opportunity to finish

Comment

It's the instinct or urge to kill. It's natural in most animals either as a self defense mechanism or food finding mechanism. Humans eat meat and need to defend themselves, so most have it. You probably do, but most of society doesn't exactly nurture or encourage it so you may need to rediscover it.

Comment

Working...
                X