Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah that's awesome about the discount, I'll definitely send you an email I plan on buying some new sneakers and maybe shorts so it'll definitely help me out

Comment

First post here, but been lurking for a while. One tip is to make a good pair of mitts. I've had the incredi-ball mitts and while they are cheap they weren't of too good quality. They kept falling off while catching punches.

Comment

I do think Title makes a decent product for the price. One issue I've experienced is poor customer service. Compared with Ringside, the reps are just not as helpful. Another issue I always seem to have is wrong merchandise gets sent to me almost every single time I order. I've placed about 5 or 6 orders this year and every single time I've either received the wrong size, color, or just the entirely wrong item than from what I requested. This is frustrating when you are ordering something that you need in time for a scheduled event. Title hasn't been too helpful on getting out a replacement in a timely fashion either. Someone really needs to double check the orders before they go out. I find myself avoiding ordering from Title even if I see an item I really like, I'll check the other vendors, and will pay a few extra dollars just to avoid any hassle.
        Last edited by rskumm21; 07-07-2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I just got my adidas attaaks and plastic speed rope. Shoes r good so far but the rope is so bunched up its far from straight its impossible to use. How do i straighten it out? ive put free weights on it to straighten it but that barely did anything.....!

Comment

Originally posted by TITLE BOXING View Post
            Hi Guys,

My name is Bret Wolfe and I'm a Major Account Manager for Title Boxing/Title MMA. I wanted to peronally introduce myself to the forum and wanted to let you know that if you have any questions regarding our equipment, etc feel free to ask. I would love to hear your feedback regarding our equipment and want to get a first hand feel of what fighters around the country think of TITLE.

If you are a gym owner or training facility please ask me about our dealer accounts.

I will try to respond as quick as possible to this thread, however if you'd like to give me a call at the office, that works as well.

1-800-999-1213 ext 5189

Thanks,
            Bret
            One word on improvements. Nylon / Satin lining. Nothing is more irritating than a fuzzy lining that causes friction and makes it difficult to glove yourself, which is the point of hook and loop bag gloves, not needing someone to put them on for you. When I originally ordered a pair of Title Gel Bag gloves and a pair of Ringside IMF tech bag gloves, I went with the IMF tech due to the lining.

To be fair, Ringside recently started using the fuzzy lining on their IMF tech gloves, and its horrendous. I ordered a new pair of IMF techs, from ringside, and the gloves blow compared to the nylon lined ones.

I do buy all my tape and gauze from title, and to anyone that says titles products are lacking in quality, have no idea what they are talking about. Title makes high quality products, but unfortunately, they are not the most well designed.

For example, the Title Gel Bag gloves have an oddly shaped hand compartment, and insufficient knuckle protection.

If title would like to be taken seriously, they need to realize that the vast majority of amateur boxers are below 152lb, and consequently require gloves with smaller hand compartments. Ringside gloves fight much more snugly compared to the loose sloppy fit of title gloves.
            Last edited by !! Shawn; 06-27-2009, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MKultra View Post
              I just got my adidas attaaks and plastic speed rope. Shoes r good so far but the rope is so bunched up its far from straight its impossible to use. How do i straighten it out? ive put free weights on it to straighten it but that barely did anything.....!
              Send me your invoice # and I'll send a replacement out to you next week.

Comment

my name is everardo and i have made a ton of purchases through your website so im wondering do you send discounts or anything at all?

Comment

Long time lurker; first time poster. Seems like a great deal definitely planning to order some new gear from title now!

Comment

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late responses, I was out of the office all last week for our Title National Tournament in Holly Springs, MS. If you sent me a PM or email I will be responding to all of them today.

If you're needing to place an order with your forum discount you may now contact me directly and I'll get everyone set up.

Originally posted by VkreW View Post
                    my name is everardo and i have made a ton of purchases through your website so im wondering do you send discounts or anything at all?
                    We do have a mailing list that you can sign up for to receive promotional emails, sales, clearances, etc. Visit our website and click "Join the Club" towards the top right corner of the page.

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    If title would like to be taken seriously, they need to realize that the vast majority of amateur boxers are below 152lb, and consequently require gloves with smaller hand compartments. Ringside gloves fight much more snugly compared to the loose sloppy fit of title gloves.
                    Thanks for your feedback Shawn.

Which gloves are you talking about specifically? Some lines of gloves are offered in the standard Medium (regular) large, XL, etc. However we do manufactuer the gloves to allow extra room for tape, gauze or a standard 180" handwrap to fit inside the glove comfortably.

Do you think we should possibly introduce a size small in our adult gloves?

Originally posted by subzero3 View Post
                    Long time lurker; first time poster. Seems like a great deal definitely planning to order some new gear from title now!
                    Sounds great!

Remember that you must place the order directly through me (either call or email me) to receive the 20% boxingscene.com discount.
                    Last edited by TITLE BOXING; 07-07-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Bret,

Your GEL equipment is excellent. I use the GEL bag gloves and I like them a lot. The protection is outstanding. There is something kind of strange, IMO, about the ergonomics, particularly the shape of the inside across the knuckles; I have big hands and I use the XL gloves but they seem to shift laterally -- from index to pinky -- on palm-down, close hooks. This makes me leery of using GEL gloves in the ring; I'm afraid I'd catch an elbow and bust my pinky. The L gloves were too small for me, BTW. I wear size 10 gloves.

I also use the TITLE deluxe groin protector and it is a nice middle ground between an MMA-style cup and a professional protector, good for sparring. No complaints, there.

I know your store sells the Everlast gear, and I have an Everlast full-coverage headgear and frankly, I hate the thing. It spins around on my head no matter how tightly I lace it; I spend a good chunk of the fight adjusting my headgear when I use it (I play music professionally, and use this headgear if I'm sparring the night before before a gig.) I griped about my headgear so much that my wife bought me the Rival headgear for Christmas a couple of years ago. The Rival headgear is oblong -- like a human skull -- and doesn't move around when I get hooked or grazed. Headgear in general needs a redesign, IMO. I think Rival is on the right track with their ergonomics on a lot of their gear.

Finally, I have wide feet, and my first pair of TITLE boxing shoes came apart at the instep of the right foot after about a month of 3-4 nights a week at the gym. I still go through shoes a couple of times a year; I use the Everlast lo-top shoes because they're cheap and they pivot good. If somebody made boxing shoes in widths I'd buy them.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for checking in.

Comment

Working...
                      X