Newb to Boxing, Sorta. Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb to Boxing, Sorta. Questions

So, yes, im new here ha.

Im starting to pick up boxing, and have been working out at the gym/basement for about 4-5 months now. Working on getting my cardio up, and overall better shape/toughness.

In my basement, I have a heavy bag, Speedbag, bench, tredmill and curling bars at my hand. What im trying to do, is get on a strict workout plan. A set out plan for everyday of the week. Right now i just do what I feel like doing, which is good, that Im even working out, but i like orginization lol.

I run about 2.5 miles a day, and always try to push myself more. I run with gloves on, and a ball hanging in front, and kinda spar with the bag, and practice weaving it. This helpful? I figure itll improove my balance and accuracy.

Whats good suppliments/vitamins to take? Right now I take the Animal Pak. It def makes me more energized, but is this all I need?

Im 21, about 5'8, 140lbs, Est. 72" Reach. Im giving it 3 more months, to see how much mass I put on/lose, and set for a target weight then.

Also, I plan on joining this local gym/boxing gym soon. There giving me two free classes. is there something I should look for, to see if there worth my money? I want to eventually compete.

In overall, just give me good tips to make me push myself, to be all I can be

Comment

Originally posted by LVBoxer1 View Post
      So, yes, im new here ha.

Im starting to pick up boxing, and have been working out at the gym/basement for about 4-5 months now. Working on getting my cardio up, and overall better shape/toughness.

In my basement, I have a heavy bag, Speedbag, bench, tredmill and curling bars at my hand. What im trying to do, is get on a strict workout plan. A set out plan for everyday of the week. Right now i just do what I feel like doing, which is good, that Im even working out, but i like orginization lol.

I run about 2.5 miles a day, and always try to push myself more. I run with gloves on, and a ball hanging in front, and kinda spar with the bag, and practice weaving it. This helpful? I figure itll improove my balance and accuracy.

Whats good suppliments/vitamins to take? Right now I take the Animal Pak. It def makes me more energized, but is this all I need?

Im 21, about 5'8, 140lbs, Est. 72" Reach. Im giving it 3 more months, to see how much mass I put on/lose, and set for a target weight then.

Also, I plan on joining this local gym/boxing gym soon. There giving me two free classes. is there something I should look for, to see if there worth my money? I want to eventually compete.

In overall, just give me good tips to make me push myself, to be all I can be
      There's only so much you can do with yourself as far as boxing technique and training. Cardio you can do on your own if you can push yourself. Jumping rope, running, hitting the bag etc are ways to keep your cardio but actually learning boxing, there's only so much you can do in your own gym.

eventually I would recommend going to a boxing gym and getting professional instruction and interaction with other fighters so you can eventually spar, which is the best thing for you.

Comment

I plan on it, either end this week, or next. I have an invite for two free classes at my local boxing gym. So I hope it turns out to be a good place. I got to talk to them though, cause I dont have medical insurance at the current moment.

And I push myself everyday. For example, I do more stamina workouts then power. Like, sets of 25 curls, or the 2.5 Mile run I do everyday on the tred mill. And while doing that run, I shadow box like said.

Comment

Originally posted by LVBoxer1 View Post
          I plan on it, either end this week, or next. I have an invite for two free classes at my local boxing gym. So I hope it turns out to be a good place. I got to talk to them though, cause I dont have medical insurance at the current moment.

And I push myself everyday. For example, I do more stamina workouts then power. Like, sets of 25 curls, or the 2.5 Mile run I do everyday on the tred mill. And while doing that run, I shadow box like said.
          I train fighters now and that's good you are self motivated, I wish I had more guys like that in my gym. eventually though you will need some proper instruction though, learning to box is something that takes years to do.

Boxing is more than just throwing punches. You have to understand the intricacies of the sport and practice your techniques for many years to master it.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
            I train fighters now and that's good you are self motivated, I wish I had more guys like that in my gym. eventually though you will need some proper instruction though, learning to box is something that takes years to do.

Boxing is more than just throwing punches. You have to understand the intricacies of the sport and practice your techniques for many years to master it.
            And I hope this gym pushes me to that level.

Comment

Working...
            X