Sparring Video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Video

Hey everyone,

Here is a video of only my second time sparring, with one of the professionals in my gym. He's just schooling me; my main aim for the session was to land the jab.

Constructive criticisms appreciated, and enjoy

Go to the body.

Comment

which one are you?

guessing blue gloves but wanted to make sure
      Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-28-2009, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Yeah man blue gloves + headgear

Comment

umm jab drops alittle on the way back i cant tell very well but make sure your bringing your shoulder up alittle, to protect your chin, when you jab. Keep your right up there to swoop in and block the jabs try to keep your left in line with the tip of your chin when you hold it out

righty vs lefty is hard im not very familiar so i cant give any more advice but you didnt do too bad at all

Comment

nice jab, u hit him a lot in the face lolol

Comment

Losen up, move your head, see how your partner is moving his waist and feet to create openings, do the same. Your jab is very predictable, faint and then throw it from different angles. Second time sparring, not bad.

Comment

Relax you were very stiff. When he switched to southpaw move to your left and try to keep your lead foot outside his lead foot as it keeps you away from his straight left and keeps him in range of your straight right. When your facing a soutpaw your jab will be fairlry hard to land cleanly, try to use it as a rangefinder to land your straight right. Not bad for your second time sparring keep up the hard work .

Comment

keep practicing youll get there. were you just trying to only work on the jab or did you feel you couldnt throw out combos? either way keep up the work and youll get better.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the interest, advice and encouragement - I appreciate it. I feel that my stiffness and tenseness is my biggest issue at the moment as it's inhibiting my ability to throw flowing combinations. I think this is largely a result to a neck injury I had a couple of years back but I'm not too sure. I have muscle stiffness, aches and cramps almost everyday, in the lower back and around the shoulders.

Does anyone have any ideas/routine/exercises on how to "loosen up", allowing for a more free flow of punches?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X