Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting ripped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say rotate every week between heavy weight and lower reps and lower weight and and more reps

Comment

Well Stain definitely hit most of the points. But -'Eat a ****load of protein every day. Since you're looking to gain weight, I'd also suggest eating a high amount of carbohydrates. Just don't eat too much horse**** or you'll get real fat. Remember, you will gain some fat, its only natural when you're gaining weight. You can take care of that later on. Do not fear the occasional Big Mac.' Yes, you do need protein, of course. But carbs are what is goign to make you grow- eat carbs. Like Stain said, you will gain fat also. SO don't worry, eat eat eat. That is the what you need to do to grow. Eat around 3000-3200 kcals a day. 50% carbs- 30% protein 20% fat. You'll blow up like a ballon quick. But i wouldn't do that right away. Get used to lifting and the techniques of the exercises. Don't go heavy- go moderate/light. Let you muscles adapt to the motions and weight. I dont know what your goals are, and well, i didnt really read thios thread too well or at all either so bare with me if im babblin

Comment

holy ****! 5 times a week- full body workout. I lift weights but i am not claiming to be an expert at this or anything but isn't that overdoing things a little? I mean the muscle tissues surely need time to repair and by doing everyday you may be actually doing more damage than good. If you are going to do 5 days a week workouts then maybe targeting different muscle groups on different days is a better idea than doing everything. Junk food is a no no though the occasional cheat meal once in a while is good. The biggest challenge i faced when i first started lifting was to cut back on my alcohol intake- i was drinking way too much beer even though i was skinny i never used to eat much but did a lot of cardio work. I've since cut both alcohol and cardio down a bit and focused on building the body. so far so good. I would recommend getting some protein into you! Anyhow all the best to you

Comment

Best thing to remember is that it "Takes Time". I was kinda like you only I was the same height about 160 and maybe 3 years younger. I aslo, like you, thought that I'd NEVER get into steriods. But its hard and for body types like ours and it takes a long time to do it naturally. Guys all around you are getting bigger faster for many different reasons, steriods included. And when they take juice and begin out doing you in practice its real hard not to give in. So bascially, just keep in mind that its not gonna happen over night and I garantee you from personal experience that steriods WILL have unwanted effects on you in the long run.

Comment

Working...
          X