No announcement yet.

Do you stretch before you run?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you stretch before you run?

Recently I was told if you stretch your muscles before you run you could potentially damage your muscles because they are cold.

what do u do before u run?

Originally posted by alex6567 View Post
    Recently I was told if you stretch your muscles before you run you could potentially damage your muscles because they are cold.

i do a very light stretch. Bending over and try to reach my toes, do 5 lunges each leg, and stand and grab you foot(top of the toes) and pull leg back a little.

Comment

I dont know how true that is but i have to stretch before i run.

Comment

do 25 to 50 jumping jacks, run in place for about a minute to warm up the legs, then stretch. This will help so you don't pull a muscle. Or do a minute or two jumping rope, then stretch, then go run

Comment

Very light stretching of the hams, quads and calves. I'm usually a little less stiff that way.

Comment

Originally posted by alex6567 View Post

You shouldn't stretch like that.

That's called static stretching. What you want to do is dynamic stretching cause it warms you up while stretching. After that then you can do some static stretching.

Comment

i was told my my running coach at my college that he believes that running is the best way to warm up. stretching before hand isnt needed. post stretch is good though. and he means just jogging for distance and not hiit or sprints and such. if your doing distance and dont plan to do hiit or sprints then just hit the road and you should be fine but if you are gonna do the hard stuff then stretch before hand, jog for a little bit then do the hard stuff.

Comment

I do light stretching of the hams and calves. I also rotate my ankles to prevent rolled ankles.

Comment

this is what I do. the beginning of the vid isnt that long so just tough it out if you wanna see what I do.

Comment

I stretch lightly. Not too deep, that's after i run.

Ipod, Shades, and gum...that's what i need to run.

Comment

Working...
                    X