Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you hands swell up after boxing training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you hands swell up after boxing training?

And no, smart asses, I dont mean arm pump that you get after weight lifting.
    After I box and get the wraps off I often notice that my hands look like hands of a geriatric, all red and with thick pumping veins. Might have something to do with tightness of wrapping.

So, do any of you get that?

Not with me. I have very thick and extremely long wraps so I don't have to wrap really tight for them to be protected.Maybe that's what you need.

Comment

Most likely your hand wraps. They are too tight, I used to do this for like 3 days , then I wrap them a lil loose, felt way better after training.

Comment

I wrap really tight for a better wrist support.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
          I wrap really tight for a better wrist support.
          The wrist and the thumb area are the ones that make your hands swollen more. Try loosing them up a bit...

Comment

I got a messed up knuckle on my right hand that always swells up from when I was in a street fight back in 2000

Comment

most of it depends on the wrapping.. if you wrap it tight, then there's no internal pressure within.. internal pressure causes them to swell, that's the main idea.

care cleanser, bath shower

Comment

make sure u dont wrap ur wraps to tight..

i remember my hands got red after train.. but thats about it :/

Comment

you might want to get it checked lol

Comment

I have problems with my hands for various reasons

1. when I was 17 I broke my right hand in 3 places in a street fight

2. when I was 19 I needed 23 stitches in my right hand after puching through a car window.

these two problems **** me up so bad, but i just have to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X