No announcement yet.

toughening your chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j View Post
    maybe u want to box like your chin is made out of paper, but believe that it is durable enough to take any punch and keep going
    You cant really believe that your chin is made of paper and at the same time believe that it is durable

Comment

i do see what you are saying now... it is a mental thing as well. if you believe you are a strong fighter you will fight stronger. i guess the best way is to not let your head get hit flush like that.

Comment

Originally posted by stacatto99 View Post
        i do see what you are saying now... it is a mental thing as well. if you believe you are a strong fighter you will fight stronger. i guess the best way is to not let your head get hit flush like that.
        exactly.

you would want yourself to be on your side, not your oppnents of course.

u got it. i did mean fight like u have weak chin in a way - as in not getting hit flush. but also having confident mind set. and, you see in boxing, many times where a fitghter has looked strong all the way, until he gets knocked down either from a well placed punch or a very properly timed or thrown punch. then, he will more often than not question himself and be a lot easier to be knocked down in the future as patterns would indicate.

sam peter is a good recent example. how many people thought he had a rock for a "beard"? or how peter himself thought he was unstoppable. and how many people pointed out how big of a neck he has. along comes that one wladimir hook to start the avalanche that was peter's mental confidence and unfearing spirit.

so, he has now been on the canvas a few times after the klitschko fight. easy to see how that started, right?

wlad had the same thing for a while, but seems like he is much more comfortable now and doesnt worry as much.

anyways, its both mental and physical - mind and body cannot be separated of course.
        Last edited by j; 04-18-2009, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X