No announcement yet.

Rate my boxing workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my boxing workout

hello guys I have recently entered a boxing gym and I already know how my workout works. Im not aiming to be a proffesional boxer, I just want do it for fitness or sometimes sparring or local tournaments

here is the routine
    jogging
    stretching
    mitt work
    speed bag
    mitt work
    hitting the bag that is tied to the wall
    mittwork
    heavybag
    mittwork
    double end bag
    mittwork
    bobbing and weaving using the rope that is tied to posts
    mittwork
    ab exercises
    stretching

I didnt recored the actual time of each exercise but the whole session is 2 hours.

do you think that workout is ok for me?

depends on how much time is put into each one and how much effort is put into each one. post your times and what actual workouts you do like your ab workouts as well as what kind of running (HIIT, sprints, long distance(4miles 5 miles 6 miles what?)). i could say ab workouts do 50 sit ups sand I'm done. that's nothing. be more specific if you want better feedback.

Comment

hey man you should not do exercises repeating over and over like the mits you like repeating it 4 times, you should combine it.

Comment

I dont know I think thats what we do but im not 100% sure

Comment

I get it now, maybe your trainors does your mits seperatley this because your a beginer so u can catch up breath between mits. When u get good stamina sooner or later they'll combine all your mits into one full session. Mine is normally 3mins 4rounds straight.

Comment

youre right vein that is what my trainer does. Mitt work really drains my stamina.

And I mostly recover my stamina in speedbag and double end bag because maybe im not hitting it properly or consecutively

Comment

no shadowboxing? i think thats important.

Comment

also add shadow boxing after u jog do jump ropes 3rds 3mins then shadow 3rds 3mins... the streching shud do before u jog not after. GL

Comment

It is very hard to give feedback without actual routines. but that seems good. however when you add sparring you will have to cut back or break things up into the different days when your at the gym. keep training

Comment

Oh I see. But the reason why I dont do shadowboxing and jump rope are because I dont know how to do it well. It makes me look so ****** especially when using the jump ropes I look like a 10 year old girl using it hahaha.

And I wonder how many months it will take before my trainer lets me spar?

Comment

Working...
                    X