No announcement yet.

Youn Wha Ryu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youn Wha Ryu

Does anybody know anything about youn wha ryu. I have a chance to pick some up and i was curious about what the general opinion of the style is and whether it is worth while to try it. The way it was explained to me was that it is a mixture of several different style's.
    -Z-

sry no clue here

Comment

Never heard of it, sounds like something someone made up.
      I would stick with the more proven / traditional arts to start with.
      Give Judo or BJJ a try, you can even pick up some Kickboxing books at the library

Comment

It's a form of TKD. Unfortunately, out here we don't have too much to choose from as far as TMA.

Comment

youn wha ryu

I am a Red Belt in Youn Wha Ryu. Many people consider that arts that claim to be made up of many different arts should be avoided as they are not true martial arts. The truth is that Grandmaster Han has over 60 years experience in many different martial arts styles and has extensively developed the Youn Wha Ryu system to what it is today. Parts of it may look like hapkido, judo, kung fu or jiu-jitsu but it is Youn Wha Ryu plain and simple. The Youn Wha system contains all high level techniques from all systems and is unique in that no other system contains so many high level principles in one training method. The Youn Wha Ryu, therefore, is an advanced system of fighting techniques from almost every available style of martial art. Due to its complexity, Grandmaster Han integrated Tae Kwon Do into his teaching system. Tae Kwon Do is considered a basis for Youn Wha Ryu and it can be learned by nearly anyone. Youn Wha Ryu, is extremely complex and requires several years of basic martial arts training before its concepts can be understood. Training in the Tae Kwon Do system that Grandmaster Han teaches enables his students to observe the weaknesses of their own personal styles and that of other martial art systems. Students are well equipped to deal with any fighting method they may encounter. With Youn Wha, the student is now able to develop a higher degree of timing, speed, balance, control (mental and physical), and confidence. It has taken Grandmaster Han a lifetime to develop and perfect this system so that anyone and everyone may participate.

Comment

Is it more of a striking MA or a Grappling MA? And when will we se Youn Wha Ryu in full contact competition such as MMA?

Comment

Originally posted by martialartschica View Post
              I am a Red Belt in Youn Wha Ryu. Many people consider that arts that claim to be made up of many different arts should be avoided as they are not true martial arts. The truth is that Grandmaster Han has over 60 years experience in many different martial arts styles and has extensively developed the Youn Wha Ryu system to what it is today. Parts of it may look like hapkido, judo, kung fu or jiu-jitsu but it is Youn Wha Ryu plain and simple. The Youn Wha system contains all high level techniques from all systems and is unique in that no other system contains so many high level principles in one training method. The Youn Wha Ryu, therefore, is an advanced system of fighting techniques from almost every available style of martial art. Due to its complexity, Grandmaster Han integrated Tae Kwon Do into his teaching system. Tae Kwon Do is considered a basis for Youn Wha Ryu and it can be learned by nearly anyone. Youn Wha Ryu, is extremely complex and requires several years of basic martial arts training before its concepts can be understood. Training in the Tae Kwon Do system that Grandmaster Han teaches enables his students to observe the weaknesses of their own personal styles and that of other martial art systems. Students are well equipped to deal with any fighting method they may encounter. With Youn Wha, the student is now able to develop a higher degree of timing, speed, balance, control (mental and physical), and confidence. It has taken Grandmaster Han a lifetime to develop and perfect this system so that anyone and everyone may participate.

the definition of a mcdojo

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

the definition of a mcdojo
                A thread from 15 years back. A blast from the past!

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  A thread from 15 years back. A blast from the past!
                  some fake ass grandmaster trying to e beef with me... come to find out all his shiiit fake af... this was from a google search i was like wtf hahahahahhahaa

Comment

Ryu was my favorite Street Fighter. Aduken!

Comment

Working...
                    X