Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparred With a Pro!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great - should do loads for your confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by CMaines View Post
      I got to spar against Mike "Cold Blood" Clark last Friday. I’m not sure what most peoples opinions of him are as a boxer, I don’t really care honestly, but I got to spar 3 rounds of with him last Friday! I had just gotten in from doing some sprints and sat down to catch my breath. I saw him and his trainer in the ring working the body. I had seen them up at the gym a few other times but honestly I had no clue who he was. There were about 6-8 other guys in the gym at the time (Friday evenings are dead) and his trainer asked if anyone else wanted to get in, they had already done 4-5 2 minute rounds. After looking around no one said anything… So I said sure! His trainer Matt looked kind of surprised as did mine. I wanted to get some sparring in anyway so why not? I kind of thought something might be up when everyone in the gym stopped what they were doing and walked over to the ring, but again I had no clue who he was. We only worked the body. He was really fast! There were a few times he hit me and I had no clue how he got his fists there. Then he would walk into the corner and just slip out and be standing right next to me. LOL He easily could have worked me over good! I could throw a 3-4 punch combo and not land **** all while he was right in front of me, His trainer was yelling and giving me tips and I think Mike may have under estimated me at first (not anything like I was a threat, but just maybe a little better then he thought) I felt like I may have landed a few solid hits. The last 30 seconds in the 3rd round I just got inside and tried to give him everything I had. It was great, he really made me look good. After that I had some guys come up to me and say “Wow, how was that! Or “Man you’ve got balls”. I didn’t know what the big deal was. I mean he looked really good but I didn’t think he was a pro. I sat down a got to talk to his trainer then it all hit me! Hahah. I’ve never really watched boxing or grew up around it. I just thought it looked cool. I joined my boxing gym in January and fell in love with it. So the fact that I actually got in and sparred 3 solid rounds against a pro was really cool! He’s a great guy and as a novice in every sense of boxing he was really good to work with. His trainer Matt gave me a few tips as well. They come up to the gym a lot so I might get to work with them again. Here are a few links to his stats and other misc info…

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:2528
      http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...2528&cat=boxer
      Well done mate. 38-5 is a good pro record, so you must have done well up inside there.

Comment

Working...
      X