No announcement yet.

Running Tips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Tips

Anyone got any tips for long running? I really can't run for very long at all.

Wanna be able to go on long 8mile runs.

yeah i couldnt run very long myself a few months ago, i still dont think i could do 8 mile yet but i do 30 mins 3 x a week and i can realy tell this diffrence from when i started, i can do 5k easily now, i think the key is to mix it up, i dointerval training to increase my endurance levels, so ill strat off with a 10 min warm up then ill do 1 min as fast as i can then 1 min jog/walk, then repeat this untill i cant do anymore, then cool down 10 mins, this is a real good way to build stamina, you can do your own variations, you could do 30 second sprint 2 min walk, but the key is to get out of breath to push your lungs capacitity, then just mix this up with regular jogs, also if you can find some stairs to run up a few times while on your jog this will help to, also make sure you get rest its just as important as the running, so dont go mad running every day you will just make ya self ill, start slow and build up gradualy untill yuo can run the distance you need too.

Comment

unless you have joint problems i dont think its that difficult to run long distances. take a look at what speed you try to run it. ill stay out of shape for a month or 2 and ill knock out 5 miles in around 45 minutes to an hour. if your dieing after 5 minutes of running then your running way too fast. this is long distance running not long distance sprinting. i used to kill myself at the pace i would set but realized that i was doing way too much. i was able to push myself in that manner to running 3 miles at 8.5 speed on the treadmill while only breathing through my nose but it was like facing death every time i stepped on that treadmill because cardio pain is like no other. if you dont want to do it the painful way then slow down and run at the speed you can for whatever the distance you can run. at my jogging speed that i have for long distance i can probably run atleast 10 miles easy but the only problem is my knees ache even during the 5 mile jog but i do what i got to do. set a pace that wont kill you and as your cardiovascular system gets stronger you can increase your speed without killing yourself. good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X