No announcement yet.

serious foot injury I got from running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serious foot injury I got from running

So, for some reason I always have foot injuries. And I usually cope with them and still do a jog here and there. Well, the other day the bootm layer of my right side of my foot was killing me and I ignored the pain and kept going then I stopped jogging and painfully walked home. The adrenaline was denying the pain when I was jogging but then I couldn't deny it anymore. Now I'm walking around my house with my right foot kind of tipy toeing with the top of them to walk. When I put down my whole right foot the bottom of it gets this ridiculous amount of pain as if I either hurt muscles or bone at the bottom of my feet...

Idk, I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of injury I may have and how long it will take to heal. And I don't go to the doctors because I don't have insurance and I don't have money to go to the doctors. I do run in running shoes

are you running in the right running shoes that match YOUR feet?

http://running.zappos.com/content/ro...oadshoes.zhtml

Comment

I've had my fair share of foot injuries in the past and they're always a huge hassle. Can you describe the pain? is it a tight feeling? a deep boring pain? burning pain, etc? Also, I'm not quite sure with how you described its location but you said it's on the outside of your right foot?

Does it hurt more or less when you get up to walk after sitting for a while?

Do you have a high arch, or is your big toe smaller than the second one (morton's toe)?

Take a look at the wear pattern on your shoe, if there is an excessive amount of wear at the front of the shoe on the inside you may be overpronating, too much wear on the outside of the front of the shoe would indicate too much supination. Also look at your foot itself, if there are any areas where there is just a massive callus, that may also indicate problems with your gait. To clarify it's ok if there are calluses on your feet but use your own intuition to determine if they're way too big. Ideally calluses on your feet should be on the outside of the heel and then gradually move to the inside of your foot near your big toe.

Definitely check out that link boxingsmash69 provided to see if your shoes are right for your foot.

Most of the time though, to treat a foot injury you're just going to want to stay off it for a while (or at least not run on it) and use RICE to treat it (rest, ice, compression, elevation).

Comment

Whats weird is that I only get foot injuries while running outside(I like to run outside alot). When I train on the treadmill which is boring as hell, I never get the foot injuries

Comment

If you're running on the side of the road that could be the cause of the problem, roads are cambered to get water to move to the side when it rains instead of puddling up in the middle of the road. By running on the side, one foot is landing higher than the other and it could be putting unnecessary stress on that side of the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by TrainingTrainer View Post
            If you're running on the side of the road that could be the cause of the problem, roads are cambered to get water to move to the side when it rains instead of puddling up in the middle of the road. By running on the side, one foot is landing higher than the other and it could be putting unnecessary stress on that side of the foot.
            Yeah, that is what I'm doing. But I don't get how other joggers do it in my town and are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
              Yeah, that is what I'm doing. But I don't get how other joggers do it in my town and are fine.
              Yeah everyone's a little different in their anatomy especially in the lower limbs, it could be based on that, frequency of runs, how you plant your foot, gait pattern, and just how your body compensates in general. I'm in the same boat as you, a week of running and I already start to feel something that I tweaked in my foot, that's what drew me to boxing as a workout in the first place. Life's not always fair, lol.

Comment

Working...
              X