Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glove Weight Recommendation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate gloves for pad and glove work (10's to 12's). And another pair for sparring.
    Don't want to cut your sparring partners with your 'cracked' bag gloves.

And sparring is usually 16oz's even the flyweights wear them. Check with you gym to see what the glove size for sparring is.

And I got 10 oz Everlasts and 16oz Twins. The velcro on the Twins no longer stick after 3 years (masking tape fixes that problem though)

Comment

Originally posted by Don Flamenco View Post
      14 oz gloves. We are the same height.

How much you weigh?
      I was about 9 stone when I checked 6 month ago but dunno about now.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        get some top 10 16's they are smaller

Twins 16's are huge, I can't even tighten them around my forearm that well.
        How much would they cost?

Originally posted by RJTikwe View Post
        u need 16's to spar.. and the more weight, the more u have to work.. the addidas 16's i got are smaller than my punch ones.. abit more expensive thought hehe.. look around though.. they might be big, but its not like it matters, right?
        I don't know they just feel really big and uncomfortable, like having my hand in a plastic bag or something lol.

Originally posted by Mifferz View Post
        Separate gloves for pad and glove work (10's to 12's). And another pair for sparring.
        Don't want to cut your sparring partners with your 'cracked' bag gloves.

And sparring is usually 16oz's even the flyweights wear them. Check with you gym to see what the glove size for sparring is.

And I got 10 oz Everlasts and 16oz Twins. The velcro on the Twins no longer stick after 3 years (masking tape fixes that problem though)
        I will consider getting 3 pairs but I don't think I would... just I go to college so I can't spend a bomb on them or anything, I understand what you mean though if I get a decent pair of 16oz's then they would probably not be that bad.

Sorry guys don't wanna seem picky its just that if I get a pair I would rather get a good size if you get what I mean...

Comment

go with 12oz.......u'll be using those more if u have a career in boxing....but 14oz would help with handspeed....soooo ur choice bro! goodluck!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyson View Post
            go with 12oz.......u'll be using those more if u have a career in boxing....but 14oz would help with handspeed....soooo ur choice bro! goodluck!
            I am considering 12's or 14's now, I am unsure on which...

Comment

go with 14oz for training....just my advice

Comment

You really should have two pairs of gloves. One that is only used for sparring, and one that is used for bags and mitts.

You should keep them seperate because hitting the bag will make the padding wear out more, which means less protection for your sparring partners face.

Most people (in my experience) tend to use 12 ounce bag gloves. If you are smaller/not a heavy hitter you can use 10 or even 8oz ones. If you are big or have heavy hands, get 14 or 16's. I use 14oz ones.

For sparring gloves, 16oz is pretty standard. If you aren't a big guy your gym may let you use 14oz ones, but make sure to ask first before you buy. I use 18oz gloves just for more protection.

Comment

Working...
                X