Good Gyms in NYC..?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Gyms in NYC..?

Apart from Gleasons that is..

Ive been looking into Mendez BC and Inwood BC. I'll be staying in Wash Heights for a while and dont wanna have to go to Gleasons becuase its a trek just to get there. A gym around South Bronx would be cool aswell. I want a boxing club as opposed to some Chelsea Boxing Gym or one of those bull**** health centers. Any NYers on here that could recommend a real gym around Harlem/W.Heights/S.Bronx???

dude i live in Queens and i traveled to Gleason's everyday, Washington Heights ain't **** XD

i wish i could recommend something to you, but the only gyms ive ever been to has been Gleasons and this gym in Astoria

i plan on going to another gym once i finish school.. Gleasons is the PLACE if you want good professional-calibur sparring and lots of space to work.. i personally want to go someplace smaller, because imo there are probably better trainers (and less drama) elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by g00dz View Post
      dude i live in Queens and i traveled to Gleason's everyday, Washington Heights ain't **** XD

i wish i could recommend something to you, but the only gyms ive ever been to has been Gleasons and this gym in Astoria

i plan on going to another gym once i finish school.. Gleasons is the PLACE if you want good professional-calibur sparring and lots of space to work.. i personally want to go someplace smaller, because imo there are probably better trainers (and less drama) elsewhere.
      which gym in astoria? i used to live there that Combined Martial arts gym on steinway?

Comment

Originally posted by Two Fisted Piston View Post

Ive been looking into Mendez BC and Inwood BC. I'll be staying in Wash Heights for a while and dont wanna have to go to Gleasons becuase its a trek just to get there. A gym around South Bronx would be cool aswell. I want a boxing club as opposed to some Chelsea Boxing Gym or one of those bull**** health centers. Any NYers on here that could recommend a real gym around Harlem/W.Heights/S.Bronx???

well you're still 19 so i suggest a PAL gym.. look up the Bronx PAL on google and u should find the address or number or whatever and see if u can get down with them.. they got a national champion there.. and the PAL is free

Comment

yeah thats the gym.. damn i cant remember the name!

it has classes for MMA as well as boxing, and only 1 ring..

and as for the Bronx PAL with the national champion, if this is the same gym im thinking of, shemuel pagan trains there with his pops, i think i might check that gym out when im done with school

Comment

and as for the Bronx PAL with the national champion, if this is the same gym im thinking of, shemuel pagan trains there with his pops, i think i might check that gym out when im done with school
            yea shem pagan beat my boy chazz mcdowell form my gym twice in the golden gloves

Comment

the gym in astoria is called combined martial arts its a joke.. all there amatuer boxers suck.. i was tzhere for liek 3 months

Comment

Boxing gyms in NYC? Aren't they on every corner out there? Where's Kronk Gym? In Chicago? The only gym i'm familiar in NYC is Gleasons.

Come over to the west coast. I can help you out with gyms over here in SFC...

Comment

Originally posted by Two Fisted Piston View Post

Mendez boxing gym is great I love it their but too expensive $185 a month. Currently I go to Church Street Boxing Gym. I pay $95 per month, supposedly with trainning.The facility is great, big and very clean but the trainers don't help out at all. All they do is stand around each other and talk behind peoples back. By the end of the month I'm going back to mendez. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
                    Boxing gyms in NYC? Aren't they on every corner out there? Where's Kronk Gym? In Chicago? The only gym i'm familiar in NYC is Gleasons.

Come over to the west coast. I can help you out with gyms over here in SFC...
                    kronk gym is detroit I belieeeeevee

Comment

Working...
                    X