No announcement yet.

Proper Slip Bag Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Slip Bag Training

Could someone give me the run-down on proper slipping/head movement with the slip bag? How far am I supposed to lean, how do I stand, etc.? I just got mine a few days ago and so far my head just runs into it 1/3 times I slip with it. Any good advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

GRimX has a video of how to use the maize bag/ slip bag on youtube, it's a pretty good place to start

Comment

I have a video of a slip bag with a ball. You don't lean into the slip bag, you let it come to YOU. Always keep your hands up, do a double slip after the first because the ball is still coming back. You just can't see it. Do dips with it also. Try throwing combos with the slip bag is away. Do them as fast BUT correct as possible before the bag comes back and you have to slip again.

This is me 2 years ago. My style is a little different now though.

Comment

thanks for the vid

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
          I have a video of a slip bag with a ball. You don't lean into the slip bag, you let it come to YOU. Always keep your hands up, do a double slip after the first because the ball is still coming back. You just can't see it. Do dips with it also. Try throwing combos with the slip bag is away. Do them as fast BUT correct as possible before the bag comes back and you have to slip again.

cool vid. How did you install the string onto the the ceiling? Also how did you put the string on the tennis ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
            cool vid. How did you install the string onto the the ceiling? Also how did you put the string on the tennis ball.
            Hook screws on both. That whole kit cost me like 2 dollars. At my old apartment. I had 2 of them going at the same time

Comment

Is there a benefit of working the slip bag while you shadow box, or does that defeat the purposes of shadow boxing? It seems to me that you could work on the movement with the slip bag and still practice your punches and form with shadow boxing.

Comment

Hook screws on both. That whole kit cost me like 2 dollars. At my old apartment. I had 2 of them going at the same time
                Thanks so much for posting that video and saying how you made it, i was actually a few clicks away from spending over £40 on a "Slip bag".

Comment

Working...
                X