No announcement yet.

dumbell or barbell for benching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumbell or barbell for benching

what do you guys think is better for benching, for getting stronger and bigger for boxing. i lift twice a week and i do squats, shoulder press, barbell rows, shrugs, pull ups, and dips, i do 4 sets of 5, is there anything else i should add to that, thanks guys

do them both. mix it up. youll use more stabilizer muscles with the dumbbells but be able to use more weight with the barbell so dont let the ego get in the way when you switch the dumbbells. you would probably benefit more from the dumbbells in my opinion because you work more indirect muscles that will help your power. i usually go for 8-12 reps per set for lean muscle and more muscle endurance but do what works for you. a good old sledge hammer and tire is great for your lats and upper back. your hooks and uppercuts will get stronger and faster.
    Last edited by g0tcha; 03-01-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I like dumbbells better but thats mostly because I work without a spotter. Dont know what would be better for boxing but like the guy above said you use more stabilizers with the dumbbells. I would do dumbbells most of the time and switch in the barbell instead sometimes.

Comment

Working...
      X