Collapse
No announcement yet.

headaches after sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, when I fight with friends I wear headgear, mouth piecem, the whole deal, and I get headaches too. I just stopped for awhile, and then started again, but my head still hurts after I do sparring.

Comment

if you've hurt your neck (whiplash) type injury from head shots. Headaches can haunt you for a long time.

Rest, strengthen your neck, and work on balance.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
        If that doesnt work you should think about seeing your doctor. Better safe than Sorry!
        Definetely my advice. Even if you think you got an explinations for the headaches, if you got a doctor you probably wanna double check. Same with any unexplainable pain. If somethings actually wrong, you're gonna **** up your boxing and your day job if you don't find out!! I wouldn't be worried though... even with headgear, it's just not natural for a person to willingly get hit in the head

how long have you been boxing? Do you ever get headaches when your not boxing?

Comment

Fighting bigger guys will help your defence, tighten upp your guard and make you less cocky.It helped me alot.

Just tell them to go a little lighter to the head but keep upp the power to the body it will make you get used to it.

And remember punch dont get punched.

Comment

you get head aches because of the head gear....if its poor quality your head will hurt...it can also hurt bacause its new...the old headgears work much better when sparring.

Comment

It's probably nothing serious but my advice is that you check with a doctor before you resume sparring. Safety should always be your primary concern.

Comment

hmmmmm
                its my personal medical opinion
                that you are suffering from a bad case of *****-ides

what did ya expect gettin into boxing
                plus ur obvioulsy looking for someone to tell you to quit

so ill help ya out

Quit its to much for ya

Comment

i agree with alberto villa about the headgears

Comment

try not to get hit as much it might help

Comment

Don't go all out in your sparring sessions and tell your sparring partner to do the same. Sparring should be practicing accuracy not power! Problem is some don't think like that. I remember once I was sparring with this kid who thought he was tyson and we ended up trading bombs before our trainer broke us up! Best advice is to find a sparring partner who won't hit his/her hardest.

Comment

Working...
                      X