Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with my heavybag training

hi guys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDncZ...e=channel_page

im trying to fight an amateur bout in november, due to my work schedule im only able to go to the gym once a week and then im only sparring with lots of different opponents. my other training consists of 4 times a week at the heavybag for 10-15 3minute rounds the bag weighs about 110 pounds. i would really appreciate if you could give me some feedback concerning my training.

thanks in advance

that's some funny ****

Comment

why is it funny?

Comment

Extend that right hand.
        Move into your hooks.
        Raise your punches.
        More head movement.
        Keep your hands up.

Solid jab though.

Comment

now that`s what i call a response zab. thanks very much.
          i gotta say that i started training only a few months ago again, and i`m still miles away from my fighting weight which should be around 190, now i weigh 220, coming down from 250 due to 3 years without training

Comment

You need to speed things up at least 2x, you are very slow. try doing 4 or 5 rounds with higher work rate throwing more punches, donīt do 10-15 in slow motion. Amateur boxing is 3x3 = intensity and speed. Form is okay though you punch a bit low with your left aim a bit higher and keep your fists up when bringing your hands back.

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
              You need to speed things up at least 2x, you are very slow. try doing 4 or 5 rounds with higher work rate throwing more punches, donīt do 10-15 in slow motion. Amateur boxing is 3x3 = intensity and speed. Form is okay though you punch a bit low with your left aim a bit higher and keep your fists up when bringing your hands back.
              3x3 is only for open. Novice is still 3x2

Comment

Most important thing you need to work on is not pushing your punches. Everything you threw was pushed and left out there too long. Snap the punches, and bring em back quick.

Comment

looks like a Miguel Cotto training session.

i agree with the above posters, more snap into the punches. like a WHIP. no pushing into the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    3x3 is only for open. Novice is still 3x2
                    Not anymore.. at least, not here.

Comment

Working...
                    X