No announcement yet.

quickest way to shed excess stomach fat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quickest way to shed excess stomach fat

hey guys, always been in pretty good shape my whole life, but as i have gotten older, 30 now... i have gotten some excess fat in the tummy area, which is natural.. i have been too lazy to exercise lately.. anybody got any workout routine that they use? id love to know some ideas and workout routines people have... thanks for any ideas

Nordic Track homey.

Comment

Are you looking for short workouts? heres a couple I use periodically.

15 minutes of:
      Sprint 25m
      Sprint Backwards 25m
      5 or 10 clapping pushups
      Strafe left 25 m
      Strafe right 25 m
      20 lateral jumps over a barrier (bag, rock, whatever)
      Rest is as needed, do as many rounds as you can.

5 rounds of:
      5 dumbell snatches per arm starting with your left(I use 50-60lbs usually)
      5 dumbell swings per arm (same dumbell, left first)
      10 burpees
      30-60 seconds rest

3-6 rounds:
      30 seconds burpees
      30 seconds high knee dumbell presses
      30 seconds woodchoppers or lateral jumps
      30 seconds burpees
      30 seconds high knee dumbell presses
      30 seconds woodchoppers or lateral jumps
      30-60 seconds rest

-Start standing on your right leg with your right hand extended up. Your other leg should be raised high and bent and the same side hand should be at shoulder height holding a light dumbell (3-5lbs, I find three is ideal) and quickly press the light dumbell up while lowering your other hand (also holding a dumbell) and extending your bent leg and bending your extended leg....kind of a bad description but you should be able to find a vid on youtube or something.

Theyre all demanding routines if you do them as hard as you can, obviously you can slow down a bit so you can finish them if your not in the best of shape. You could also sub the woodchoppers or lateral jumps for jumping jacks to take it down a notch. Have fun.

Comment

.. i have been too lazy to exercise lately.. You have to first break that routine. Then take any cardio exercise that will fit your routine.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiegil View Post
          .. i have been too lazy to exercise lately.. You have to first break that routine. Then take any cardio exercise that will fit your routine.
          lol very true man... hey, thanks for the replies guys... btw , what are strafes exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by tennesseeboy View Post
            lol very true man... hey, thanks for the replies guys... btw , what are strafes exactly?
            oh yeah, and what are burpees?

Comment

If u guys are too lazy to exercise, just cut back on the calories.

Comment

Originally posted by tennesseeboy View Post
                A strafe is when you run sideways

Comment

A burpee:

1. Start in a push up position.
                  2. Do one push up.
                  3. Quickly jump feet forward to a squatting position, like in a squat thrust.
                  4. Jump high into the air, bringing your knees up to your chest & raising your hands above your head.
                  5. Land with feet together, on the balls of your feet..
                  6. Drop back to a squat.
                  7. Jump feet back to a push up position.
                  8. Repeat many times.

Comment

Strafe=running sideways
                    Burpee=(the way I do them are a little different than the above guys way)
                    -Bottom of pushup position
                    -Push up
                    -tuck knees in to chest so you in the bottom of a squat
                    -jump as high as you can (most important part)
                    -land and go down into a squat
                    -hands on ground in front of you
                    -thrust feet out behind you while lowering yourself down to the bottom of a pushup position

You can also add a knee tuck to the jump with the hands above your head, star jump, jump and spin 180 degrees, do a long jump instead of straight up, jump backwards, jump as far to the side as you can, etc. It'll keep things interesting if you find burpees to be getting easy (highly unlikely lol)

Comment

Working...
                    X