Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it bad to work out drunk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're drunk you are defintely a lot weaker... those punching machines when I was sober I was hitting very high then when I had to much to drink, my power was down dramatically... however when you're drunk you seem to feel more energetic and full of stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
      I think boxing drunk is stupid but boxing while high is a even worse idea! Trust me from experience
      what the **** is wrong with people in this forum lol

Comment

i wouldnt do it every 1 would be dissapointed in u but if that benefits u shoot

Comment

If you want to be a boxer... a professional one... you should not drink any alcohol, you should not take any drugs etc. Alcohol makes you weaker and you are losing your progres.

Comment

train enough while drunk and you'll get to a point where your not even drunk anymore... maybe not completely, but still, you wont be as drunk

Comment

Originally posted by the330ballers View Post
              cause i have gone to 24 hr super drunk before.
              Of course not, you're doing the smart thing....keep up the good work. Instead of water, you should rinse your mouth out with beer. You just inspired me to drink Henessey while training. I think you're on to something here. You're a revolutionary in sports training!! Wow!! It makes you think why 24hr fitness doesn't have a bar in the cycle area. You should really suggest your brillant plan to all the gyms, so you can cash in. Good job fella, good job.
              That's what i'm doing today. I'm going to drink 750 ML of some Heem and get to work.

Comment

Dumbest thread ever

Comment

Originally posted by jjones10591 View Post
                  are you asking to try and get a reaction our something. ill give you one thats one of the dumbest things ive ever herd and i hope thats not how seriously you take your training and if you go to a fight like that you have issues
                  Yeah it was kind of a joke. It was obviously put here to stir some kind of reaction out you guys. The simple answer is obviously no. You shouldnt be drinking period if you take your training seriously.

but i have lifted drunk before... is that better than the alternative of just going to bed drunk? it was 2 in the morning and i was restless. are you telling me that since i was drunk my muscles did not rebuild? Are you telling me that I'm not stronger because of that night? I cant just sober up in 2 seconds you know...

Originally posted by PolishWarrior View Post
                  If you want to be a boxer... a professional one... you should not drink any alcohol, you should not take any drugs etc. Alcohol makes you weaker and you are losing your progres.
                  Yes I know this. Ofcourse there is the textbook answer. Dont drink period.

But guys like Ricky Hatton and Roberto Duran seem to show that its not impossible. Don't get me wrong I'd rather be the Bernard Hopkins type who can maintain his body and have a long career but bottom line is, (imo) it's all about the work you put in. I dont like these half ass kids who show up at the gym and think theyre gonna be great and have goals like to not smoke or drink for a period of time when the effort given isn't sufficient to make them great anyways. It's a combination of both. I know.

And I'm not gonna lie. I do drink occasionally. But then again Im not a pro or even amateur boxer. Take it with a grain of salt.

BTW I have not boxed someone drunk or high and will never.
                  Last edited by the330ballers; 01-28-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landon S View Post
                    ! Plus your less co-ordinated you could over extend, drop a weight on your head, fall down, puke and slip on it, etc

lol

Comment

I'm surprised nobody's stated the obvious health risk:
                      Your heart can literally stop if you do vigorous exercise with alcohol in your system.

Anybody remember the soccer player who died from drinking a Guinness on the field upon the end of a particularly hard fought game?

Hungover is one thing but don't work out drunk.

Comment

Working...
                      X