Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadow boxing/Heavy bag video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin pretty good, just clean it up a little bit, put a little more hip into your punches.

Comment

close your hands, you're going to get into a habit that will eventually lead to a broken hand...

head movements, there was very little of it.

most definitely you're punches need to come from legs & hips and not from your arms. follow through with your hooks.

throw some defense into your shadow boxing. you're shadow boxing to me just seems like you're throwing a bunch of combos without ever thinking about them.
      again, slipping/head movements.

on the bag, it sometimes catches you on the way down. you need to post up your jab to stop that bag from coming up & hitting you. also need to work on your pivots on the bag, you need to come with a combo right after that pivot not just stand there and hesitate. the point of the pivot is to get an angle and surprise with a decent punch or combo.

i wish i had as much room as you in your room to hang a bag, seems pretty awesome.

Comment

Ok. I havent trained for a fight either but I train hard. I will get a fight I just have some things I want to work on, nothing serious but I want to KNOW I'll win ~. You look a good bit like this lewis (pronounce lewees) character in my gym when you shadowbox (that is a compliment lol) except for a few things like the high jabs and such. Anyways, good luck man.

Comment

Just a little bit of advice, your targeting your jab for the face, not the sky.
          Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 01-29-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Okay I must get a new video. This video sucks. To get so much simple advice that I feel are simple fixes pisses me off. Jab lower. Sit on your punches. Simple. ****. If you notice the shadow boxing in my garage had none of those high jabs. I really dont think jabbing high is as big a deal as every one here makes it out to be though. I box some tall ass dudes. Its not like I will be sooooo used to jabbing high that I cant adjust to a shorter guy. Its better to jab high than jab low and leave your chin open. You protect your chin with your left shoulder when you throw that jab, sometimes by turning it around but I dont really like doing that because it choreographs the punch and turns your elbow out a little. Plus you cant jab at the same angle everytime it gets too predictable.

Anyways Ill take it all into account. Jab eye-height next video. And turn into my punches. I didnt know people were looking for head movement in shadow boxing videos. Ill do slips left and right but do you really expect me to bob and weave or something? I was really trying to throw my combinations and I really think in that backyard video I was trying to throw too much (too fast) and got all uncoordinated. Probably all for the camera too....

Comment

looks like you got your form down now you should work on head movement

Comment

Working...
              X