Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have an urge to smile during sparring or any other bad habits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by actionjackson View Post
    Its all about the mind games. When someone hits me hard in sparring, more importantly a fight, I always give em a big green smile (green mouthpiece dont worry :P). When I somtimes lose balance in sparring I just smile and shake it off.

In a match I had in september in the second round when I started taking control the guy hit me with his best shot, I just smilled at him untill I had him clinching me on the ropes and I said in his ear "you cant hurt me". He could of course hurt me, but that alone I believe won me the fight.

I often smile and encourage a clinch. Once in a clinch I whisper in their ear "Oh come on, what are we fighting about?"

Comment

Whenever I hit my opponent with a good shot, I tend to wink at them.

Comment

Lol I dont, I just keep a straight game face on.

Comment

if I duck or slip and avoid a big shot I smile or laugh not to disrespect my opponent but just giving them acknowledgement that they almost got me

Comment

i always want to smile in the ring for no reason other than im happy to be there

Comment

I tend to always back up when I think or when I hurt someone and drop my guard to show them I won't hit them till their head is back with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                I often smile and encourage a clinch. Once in a clinch I whisper in their ear "Oh come on, what are we fighting about?"
                alright thats just a bit creepy...

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
                  I don't necessarily smile at them when i hit them. Depending who i'm sparring with i'll either make sure they're okay, or show them who's boss.

I do nod my head if they land a good clean shot that i tried to defend.

If i see blood, that get my juices flowing. Call me sadistic or malicious, but if i serve some pain and i can see their reaction, it makes me want to "T" off on them.

If i'm just puttin hands on someone, i usually work with them a little bit. Work on my defenses, try different combos, angles....etc etc.

It's bad form to take advantage of someone.
                  hows that bad

Comment

I do it all of the time! I smile, sometimes nod. One time, I was sparring this guy, he did a nice straight right, I moved back and laughed, the coaches shouted over to never do that again and it pissed him off, later on, he gave me a harder straight right that wasn't worth laughing about haha. That, my friend, is a boxer's mentality, when hurt you want to smile, not get upset, moan, quit or go psycho. You SMILE, because it's fun! I know we're not supposed to smile but I quite like it, I know if I landed a really nice straight right to their nose and they smile, i'd be like "oh, ****". The nodding I can understand coaches hating because a smile says "that hurt but is that the best you can do!??! ******" whilst nodding is "good shot, that shook me".

Comment

i always smile or laugh, i know i can get hurt if i get hit like that but its just the way i am.. any1 knows how t stop this?

Comment

Working...
                      X