Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what music do you listen to when you train?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When i training i listen different music but the favorite is:

RAP: DMX, 2Pac, Snoop Dog
    Heavy: Korn, Hatebreed

Comment

Hit Speed Bag to Music

I find that Listening to music, actually "hitting" to music, with the Speed Bag is a very engaging workout. The Beat of the Bag can fit to ANY kind of music. From Classical to Techno, Rock, Dance, BlueGrass, alternative.... it works with them all. You can Simply punch the Speed Bag from the front "on the beat" of the music- when you tap your foot. Every four beats of music is Four Punches.. Depending on the Music speed, you may be able to punch "twice as fast" ( double time, meaning every four taps of your foot = 8 punches.) This works for slower music. Or, For very fast music, Punch the bag in "half time", or One punch for every two taps of your foot.

Now the truth is, It is hard to tap your foot and do this.... You have to feel it. But if you got any rhythm at all, ( and what boxer doesn't??) you can feel the beat pretty easily. Hitting the speed bag to music makes the time fly by a lot fast and forces you to maintain a constant punching speed to keep up with the music. With Practice, You can even start hitting from different sides and make the bag beat sound like a drum part against the song your hitting to.

Here is link to some speed bag video clips that demonstrate hitting to music. ( It sure beats just standing there punching for 3-5 minutes..)

http://www.speedbagcentral.com/Demos.html

ps. You can right click on each clip and save it to your HardDrive.

Train safe and turn the music up!

Comment

Kenny G will get u pumped boi!!!

Comment

How 'bout some good 'ole "Straight outta Compton" and " F**k The Police" is better than some Redbull to get ya the f**k up!

Comment

Originally posted by rsl
            How 'bout some good 'ole "Straight outta Compton" and " F**k The Police" is better than some Redbull to get ya the f**k up!

I've got nwa all over my Ipod for when I train...

Comment

i keep it hip hop try to make it gimmey.........so somethimes i'll put on some old wu or some M.O.P

Comment

While we on the subject of old school gangstas and music, anyone see that movie Boyz N the Hood or played san andreas? Now dats some real deep ****........

Comment

Originally posted by RussianArm
                  While we on the subject of old school gangstas and music, anyone see that movie Boyz N the Hood or played san andreas? Now dats some real deep ****........

Kudos, I actually walked Boyz N the Hood last night and played San Andreas today.

Comment

When I'm training, I can't go past the Godfather of Soul, James Brown...it just gets me energized. If not that, then any South American latin type music which is really uptempo...good for your rhythm and timing I find.

Comment

Originally posted by tarka
                      lately i've found myself listening to heavy guitar music in the last few months as it really gets me motivated and disciplined to train. i find this strange coz i've always listened to hip hop but hip hop isn't as angry as it used to be to get me going. the new saul williams album is quite angry and heavy with the guitars. i would be interested to know what the rest of you guys listen to to get going.
                      I like Deep Purple, GUns n Roses, Uriah Heep, White Stripes. Motorhead is just great for training I find.

Comment

Working...
                      X