Becoming a sparing partner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a sparing partner?

Professionally. I hear it pays.

I am ****, but have a little technique. I am however quite a big guy and can stand up to a fair few shots. I reckon I could be an effective talking punch bag for a up and coming pro.

I need a job, fast, and was wondering how to get into this line.
    Last edited by fight_professor; 11-11-2008, 07:55 PM.

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
    Professionally. I hear it pays.

I am ****, but have a little technique. I am however quite a big guy and can stand up to a fair few shots. I reckon I could be an effective talking punch bag for a up and coming pro.

I need a job, fast, and was wondering how to get into this line.
    **** I'll get into that line of work.

Comment

precisely. i think i'd enjoy the job.

Comment

No. Don't do it to yourself. Read this, even though its really a glorified version of what being a sparring partner means. (this guy has actually "made it")

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenwo...ingpartner.htm

Comment

well any sort of pro wouldnt take you on as a sparring partner unless you had at least a few am (preferably pro) fights under your belt

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
            well any sort of pro wouldnt take you on as a sparring partner unless you had at least a few am (preferably pro) fights under your belt
            Yeah good point. If a pro wanted to hit an object that doesn't really hit him back, he'd hit a heavy bag.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
              No. Don't do it to yourself. Read this, even though its really a glorified version of what being a sparring partner means. (this guy has actually "made it")

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenwo...ingpartner.htm
              great article

Comment

aim high, dude.

Comment

Being a Sparring parther is no easy job, you would have to be in proper shape and you could take a few beatings along the way.And don't just think you will get in all the big camps either you do have to be pretty decent, have a long hard think about it first before making a decision.

Comment

yeah thats not the job for me if i cant hit back haha

Comment

Working...
                    X