No announcement yet.

nutrition!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nutrition!

i am starting to get serious about getting fit again and in fighting shape as i love boxing and want to compete. my technique is good and my fitness is okay but i am lacking the discipline in my dietary choices which can only be holding me back. i was just wondering what type of diets do some of you's follow to keep you healthy so that i may take some advice on that and build my own? any feedback appreciated cheers!

The best thing i ever did for my diet is the george foreman grill, not the older ones i heard they suck but the newer red one. Now i eat lean meats like grilled chicken, salmon, tilapia, and turkey just about every other meal. Its kind of expensive $120, but it pays off, easy to use, easy to clean.

Comment

Actually nutrition is fairly simple. When you want to eat candy, eat a fruit instead. When you cook your meat, don't add salt to it (or, if you must, add much less). Don't add a lot of toppings like ketchup and mustard to your food. Drink only water throughout the day, and drink a lot of it. Don't eat something unless you know how it's been cooked and what's in it (avoid fastfood). When you do cook, try to only boil, grill, or roast your meat, and don't add oil to it.

More fruits and vegetables. If you must, have one cheat day a week. With time, you'll notice that you don't need it, and will just be able to maintain a clean, healthy diet all the time.

At first it might be tough, but with time you'll begin to see more energy throughout the day, being able to wake up with relative easy, and an overall increase in well-being.

I've been on a healthy diet for just under a year now, and I feel great. I have no desire to eat **** like fastfood and candy anymore.

If you need specifics of what exactly to eat and when, just PM me. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
        Actually nutrition is fairly simple. When you want to eat candy, eat a fruit instead. When you cook your meat, don't add salt to it (or, if you must, add much less). Don't add a lot of toppings like ketchup and mustard to your food. Drink only water throughout the day, and drink a lot of it. Don't eat something unless you know how it's been cooked and what's in it (avoid fastfood). When you do cook, try to only boil, grill, or roast your meat, and don't add oil to it.

More fruits and vegetables. If you must, have one cheat day a week. With time, you'll notice that you don't need it, and will just be able to maintain a clean, healthy diet all the time.

At first it might be tough, but with time you'll begin to see more energy throughout the day, being able to wake up with relative easy, and an overall increase in well-being.

I've been on a healthy diet for just under a year now, and I feel great. I have no desire to eat **** like fastfood and candy anymore.

If you need specifics of what exactly to eat and when, just PM me. Good luck.
        mustard is not that bad it only has a lil sodium. And whats so bad about ketchup. I only ask cuz I put ketchup on almost everything I eat.

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
          mustard is not that bad it only has a lil sodium. And whats so bad about ketchup. I only ask cuz I put ketchup on almost everything I eat.
          The reason I don't like them is because they have too many artificial ingredients for my liking. I only eat natural things, so I just have a personal bias against them.

Objectively though, they're both not nearly as bad as some **** you'll find at fastfood restaurants.

Comment

Nutrition is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. It really is a skill. You learn how to adapt to certain situations that challenge you. Like if you bounce around from school, to job, to the gym, how do you avoid the easy way out and go to McDonalds? Its hard but it becomes a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
              Nutrition is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. It really is a skill. You learn how to adapt to certain situations that challenge you. Like if you bounce around from school, to job, to the gym, how do you avoid the easy way out and go to McDonalds? Its hard but it becomes a habit.
              Exactly man. Good stuff.

Comment

cheers guys good stuff! any more input into this topic appreciated?
                and fair play to use thats some dedication!

Comment

I find ever since I started boxing I needed to increase my performance and whenever I'm about to eat nasty unhealthy stuff I remember about boxing and I just choose an alternative. For me whenever I get a sweet tooth I eat fruits instead. Nowadays I'd rather have fruits than candy.

Comment

sukhenkoy and Mikebrew said it best.

At first it will be hard but once you see the benefits you won't want to go back.

I only drink bottled water, last time i had a soft drink was like last spring because i was traveling in a car and there was nothing else to drink. I don't eat candies, chocolate, chips. I eat lots of fruits and vegetable, whole wheat crackers, cheese(not cheeze wizz ), lean meats like chicken, canned tuna, lean Beef.

It's the little things that make a different, by only drinking water and no juice/soda you can cut your calorie consumption by 1/3 easily. Hungry for a snack? Screw a Kit-Kat, eat an apple.

I admit i have fast food once in a while, but the keyword is once in a while.

Edit: nirojsri got it right, i just love fruits now, grapes, apples, kiwis, pineaples. Yum, get in mah belleh.

Comment

Working...
                    X