Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scenario

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You canīt say for sure, IF it goes to ground pick the trained ground fighter.

If you are a boxer and this happens, go for the balls like your life depends on it. This isnt allowed in MMA and all ya gotta do is watch some MMA videos and see how they donīt protect the vitals.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
      Here you go. Boxer Art Jimmerson (29-5 as a professional at the time) vs Royce Gracie, from UFC 1 which was under true vale tudo rules - that means "anything goes" in Portugese for those not familiar with MMA lingo. Basically a street fight.

Jimmerson taps out before Royce even applies any submission holds to him because he is so completely lost on the ground. And Royce wasn't even an MMA fighter, he didn't have any standup or wrestling skills, just his Jiu Jitsu. Modern MMA fighters train in striking, wrestling and submission grappling so someone who only knows how to box is going to get beaten even worse.

Boxers don't know how to sprawl against a double leg takedown, check a leg kick, defend against a kimura etc. Boxing and MMA are both great sports with talented fighters, but the more well rounded MMA fighter is going to beat a boxer 99 times out of 100.

this is stupid, royce gracie is one of the best MMA fighters of all time, whereas this Art Jimmerson finished up a record of 33-18. come on now, thats not a true representative on who would win, however if Mike Tyson and royce gracie fought then it would be a true representation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackSwifty View Post
        You canīt say for sure, IF it goes to ground pick the trained ground fighter.

If you are a boxer and this happens, go for the balls like your life depends on it. This isnt allowed in MMA and all ya gotta do is watch some MMA videos and see how they donīt protect the vitals.
        word. exactly what i was thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by NoS-NoV View Post
          If a boxer and a MMA fighter met on the street and started to brawl, who would most likely come out on top????
          In theory the MMA guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
            this is stupid, royce gracie is one of the best MMA fighters of all time, whereas this Art Jimmerson finished up a record of 33-18. come on now, thats not a true representative on who would win, however if Mike Tyson and royce gracie fought then it would be a true representation.
            You beat me to it.

Comment

This is the age old question that can never be truly answered...because they are so many variables that have to be put into question. What if the boxer had wrestled in college? or If the MMA guy wasnt too good of a fighter? Or if the MMA fighter was a Golden Glove champ before he tried MMA? Or if the boxer practices BJJ as a hobby.....u cant really just say a generic boxer vs a generic MMA fighter

Comment

MMA, I prefer boxing but you're stupid to think otherwise. If you get close, they'll kick you in the legs (which ****ing hurts) Also don't forget they do actually train boxing so aren't gonna be totally lost in that department, they'll sure know how to dodge any haymakers you wanna land.

The thing is, in boxing you're protected by knowing the opponent can't rush you/grab/kick you...in a street fight that's all legal, a boxer won't know how to defend any of that stuff whereas a MMA is more built for a street fight.

Also ofcourse it completly depends on the person, how much skill they have etc.

Comment

Whoever is tougher

Comment

HOW ABOUT IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSON WHO IS MATCHED UP AGAINST THAT PERSON ON THAT DAY AT THAT POINT AND TIME IN LIFE.

MMA ***** NEVER BEAT ME UP... I KNOW HOW TO SLAM... AND ALL MY *****S KNOW HOW TO APPLY CHOKE HOLDS... BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN TRAINING IN NO MMA.. THATS JUST COMMON SENSE CHOKE HOLDS..

FOOTWORK- SKILL
                    SLIPPING - SKILL
                    BLOCKING - SKILL
                    ROLLING - SKILL
                    PUNCHING COMBINATIONS - SKILL

STRANGALATION - MANY PEOPLE KNOW
                    SLAMMING - PEOPLE KNOW
                    CHOKING - MANY PEOPLE KNOW
                    rolling around and manuevering on ground - SKILL
                    CERTAIN submissions - SKILL

Comment

Working...