No announcement yet.

skip ropping knee soreness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skip ropping knee soreness

You know when you skip rope a lot and your knees get really sore. I train like 5 days a week conscecutively and by friday my knees are dead. Is there anything you guys do to treat the soreness.

btw it's not not only skip roping I do other exercises using the feet it's just when I skip rope that's when I can really feel how bad my knees are on monday I can skip rope for like 6 rounds. on friday I'm down to 2-3 rounds. The rounds are 3 minutes each and last 30 seconds accel and continuous.
    Last edited by nirojsri; 10-25-2008, 09:18 AM.

Originally posted by nirojsri View Post
    You know when you skip rope a lot and your knees get really sore. I train like 5 days a week conscecutively and by friday my knees are dead. Is there anything you guys do to treat the soreness.

btw it's not not only skip roping I do other exercises using the feet it's just when I skip rope that's when I can really feel how bad my knees are on monday I can skip rope for like 6 rounds. on friday I'm down to 2-3 rounds. The rounds are 3 minutes each and last 30 seconds accel and continuous.
    search for info on lordosis as that might be the problem.

Comment

iv got a knee problem i just wear a knee support though i dunno where urs hurts cuz i cudnt run or skip for about a month

Comment

Well make sure you're not skipping rope in your boxing shoes. Boxing shoes don't have that much padding (they're light) and they won't give you the "bounce" a running shoe will give you when you hit the ground. So trying skipping in your running shoes and not your boxing shoes.

Also, what surface are you jumping on? If you're jumping on a hard surface like concrete, that will put more pressure on your knee. Try to jump on something with a little spring in it, like carpet. Or put down a foam mat on the concrete and jump on that.

Comment

Probably shin splints. You can get them under the knee/top of the shin. They take a while to heel.

Comment

Working...
          X