No announcement yet.

Is 19 too old to start boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 19 too old to start boxing?

I have a mate who wants to learn to box, and I told him age don't matter, but thinking about it, a lot of the kids at the gym will have been boxing for years and he will always be behind etc.

I have a friend whos been boxing 15 years and is still at novice level. Point being, you can box for years but some people just aren't good as there years suggest. your friend may be talented, 19 is a great age to start as you'll learn quicker and may be deteirmed more.

Comment

What! Dwight Muhammed Qawi never started boxing until he was 25, Glen Johnson 20, John Davison knocked out the european amature champion in 1 round and he never started boxing until he was 25,Jess Willard was 29, Hasim Rahman 20, Anothny Mudine 25, a few more aswell. If you're good ya good age is just a number! You just have to belive in yourself.
      Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 10-09-2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

yeah get started

Comment

Originally posted by 'ENRY COOPER View Post
          I have a mate who wants to learn to box, and I told him age don't matter, but thinking about it, a lot of the kids at the gym will have been boxing for years and he will always be behind etc.
          No chance a bad age ,you are at the peak of your training in your 20s.

Comment

Mundine had two am's when he was 17 and turned pro at 25 after a top flight career in Thugby. The short answer to the thread title is still......

IS IT ****!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X