Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a fighter who wants to fight, not being aloud to fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a fighter who wants to fight, not being aloud to fight...

tell me what you amatuers out there think of this..

if a fighter who has gone out and fought a fight already and showed he has the heart and commitment to the sport by training for 11 months str8 for like 4-5 days a week.. experienced... mature person, understands the game... WANTs to fight again, should they be given the right to fight again on upcoming shows?? do u think a trainer is wrong to not allow these people to fight based on what he thinks is best ?

like i totally understand people who need more time to get the wins. but what if the wins isnt really the main goal for the fighter anymore.. what if its just fighting and being a boxer and enjoying it all so much that makes the man do it..

my trainer doesnt want me fighting again until i learn to deal with different styles and scenerios... but i feel like the only way to learn is to fight... sparring does a lot.. but doesnt do everything... i learned so much from my debut and feel like i wanna redeem myself from my loss.. but now i am unlikely to fight on the upcoming show, and it just is kinda discouraging and made any motivation i had go away..

do u guys think this is right or wrong ???

i lost in my fight but i been beat up worse then that in sparring many times, why would my trainer feel i couldnt fight again?? i have had the experience of a fight now, i know wut to train for and i am hungrier for a win.. i totally aint feelin this lol

what should i do

Originally posted by punchDrUnK MONK View Post
    tell me what you amatuers out there think of this..

if a fighter who has gone out and fought a fight already and showed he has the heart and commitment to the sport by training for 11 months str8 for like 4-5 days a week.. experienced... mature person, understands the game... WANTs to fight again, should they be given the right to fight again on upcoming shows?? do u think a trainer is wrong to not allow these people to fight based on what he thinks is best ?

like i totally understand people who need more time to get the wins. but what if the wins isnt really the main goal for the fighter anymore.. what if its just fighting and being a boxer and enjoying it all so much that makes the man do it..

my trainer doesnt want me fighting again until i learn to deal with different styles and scenerios... but i feel like the only way to learn is to fight... sparring does a lot.. but doesnt do everything... i learned so much from my debut and feel like i wanna redeem myself from my loss.. but now i am unlikely to fight on the upcoming show, and it just is kinda discouraging and made any motivation i had go away..

do u guys think this is right or wrong ???

i lost in my fight but i been beat up worse then that in sparring many times, why would my trainer feel i couldnt fight again?? i have had the experience of a fight now, i know wut to train for and i am hungrier for a win.. i totally aint feelin this lol

what should i do
    If you trainer thinks you need to work on stuff before you fight again, work on stuff. If he doesn't want you to fight, its not because he is an *******, or doesn't like you, its because he is protecting your health.

You should be glad that you have a trainer with the balls to protect you like that. Some trainers will let kids fight who really shouldn't be fighting.

Once you improve on what he want you to improve on, I am sure he will take you out to fight again.

Comment

any decent trainer who protects his fighters wont let you in the ring until you are ready, it seems like you werent ready for your first fight, neither was I, and trust me you need to work on stuff before getting back in the ring again...it wont do you good to get belted around again

i didnt have another real bout until 16 months after my first fight which i lost (the loss and the delay were mainly because of moving gyms and a ****ing awful trainer who actually made me progress backwards believe it or not) then i got with a good trainer and won a couple and now im fighting for a state novice title in two weeks...

so my point is, work on your mistakes as much as you can and earn the right to get back in there once more, taking more than a few beatings wont make you a better fighter...maybe one or two can help you see what is wrong with your boxing and can help you re-assess but when you arent ready for the ring and youre getting bashed a more than few times, its just dangerous...

oh and also in australia (and probably over your way too) if you get stopped three times in a row due to bad blows to the head you cant fight for a year and have to get a scan before you fight again so i dont think you would like that happening...work on your mistakes and start winning

oh and yeah like shawn said youre trainer isnt an *******, hes protecting you so dont get ****ty with him
      Last edited by KostyaTszyu44; 10-07-2008, 08:18 PM.

Comment

ya you guys seem right.. i def aint gunan be a dick to my trainer , i dont have the right lol, even if i dont agree, he still calls the shots... it just sucks its unknown when ill fight again, i am anxious to prove myself.

so i guess he is right

Comment

my trainer puts it like this on everybody's first day, 'you can train a basset hound to trace every day for a year and it'll still lose to a greyhound every time.' some people just aren't built to box. that's where mma comes in. but what your trainer probably wanted was for you to get in the ring and have your first fight so that he could watch and see what he was going to need to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
            my trainer puts it like this on everybody's first day, 'you can train a basset hound to trace every day for a year and it'll still lose to a greyhound every time.' some people just aren't built to box. that's where mma comes in. but what your trainer probably wanted was for you to get in the ring and have your first fight so that he could watch and see what he was going to need to work on.
            I don't really think that this is what his trainer is hinting at. In fact, while it is true, I don't think that a trainer should judge this by one fight.

punchdrunk, just train real hard this time, make sure your conditioning is top-notch, and just go into your next fight positive you'll win, simply because you know how much time and effort you put into it. Good luck man.

Comment

The proof is in the pudding: if the fighters from your gym are good then your trainer is good. hard to deteremine what scenario you are in:

1)With a bull**** trainer who is reluctant to take people to fights and is not very active
              2) with a decent trainer who likes to make fighters into winners and good am's

The best way to finmd out which trainer you are with is look at his fighters and what they've acheived. that's how I chose my current trainer over the other ones in the same area.

I find it disturbing that you seem like you don't want to win and enjoy eating leather:
              It could be your attitude to the sport holding you back, but you do say after you now want to win. if you stop getting licks in sparring and improve as he is suggesting, then he should let you fight. If he is still chatting it then move on.
              Last edited by Alexis Vastine; 10-08-2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

you gotta remember, if you look bad, it looks bad on the trainer to, not just you. if you suck, then people will label your trainer as sucky.

Comment

it's good to have your own opinion on things, but the trainer pretty much has evidence that you need to work on some things. you lost your last fight, so obviously, you need to work on some things. my advice, start working on fixing what it is that you are doing wrong. faster you do that, the faster you get in the ring and actually win. you don't want to just be getting in the ring and then lose.

Comment

Working...
                  X