No announcement yet.

first amature fight any tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Its all about the cardio. Its very very difficult to win a fight in the amateurs against someone in better condition than you, especially at the lower levels.
    Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
    at the novice level its pretty hard to beat someone fitter than you, start doing some sprints (4x400 yard fast sprints with 60 sec rest inbetween, or 10x100 yard) also some steady paced long distance runs (maybe 3-5 miles each run and keep improving your time)

do that stuff on the days you arent boxing, get that fitness up, get cracking
    ASAP

Spot on.

Comment

also, nirojsri, in sparring try and up your punch output, dont kill yourself swinging but try and throw a few more shots than what you would, also bounce around a bit more, cause in your first am fight, it will be pretty hectic for the first round at least, you should be puffing at the end of every round but not bent over with your heart beating like a jackhammer, that should be at the end of the sparring session

by the time you fight you should have gained a lot of fitness if you do the sprints i said plus upping your activity rate in sparring

also remember, just do what your trainer says and work on basics in the fight: tight guard and defence (keep elbows and arms close to your body) bounce on your toes but not too much, be aggressive but dont try and KO him with every shot and throw mainly straight punches....basics carry you well at novice level

Comment

Another tip is don't go wild coz I seen a lad who cna box a bit in gym panic and go wild and he got KTFO!! At the same time don't freeze up. I did this in my first fight ten years ago when I was a kid and lost the first round. I was lucky the kid was **** and took him out in the second round.Also, i had a high guard so even though I did very little in first round he didn't hurt me. Have a tight solid defence and put all them aspects into practice in the fight. you will be OK.

Comment

Working...
        X