Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strength training after boxing class...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strength training after boxing class...

Hi all!
    this is my first post here... i'm a thai boxer from Italy... sorry for my poor english!

I want to improve my strength... and a bit of size also (i've just started eating a lot).

Can i do my weight training after 1h of thai class or should i do it on off day?

Monday: MuayThai (2h)
    Tuesday: MuayThai (1h) + BenchPress 5x5 and Barbell Rows 5x5
    Wednesday: rest
    Thursday: MuayThai(1h) + Deadlifts 2x5, MilitaryPress 5x5 and Pull Ups 5x5
    Friday: MuayThai (2h)
    Saturday-Sunday: rest

The gym is closed on Sat-Sun, so i can't workout during weekends...

Alternative option:
    a fullbody on both tues/thurs, but 3x5: bench, rows, militarypress.

what would you do?

Thanks!
    Last edited by marco_b; 10-06-2008, 06:14 AM.

Based on what you're doing, I would think you should be able to do it after the Thai class. First of all, you're really not doing that much weight training, and, second, some of the days you're only doing thai for 1 hour.

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for in your answer. Are you asking if it is good in terms of whether your body will heal and grow properly, or are you asking whether you'll be able to keep up in terms of how rigorous you think it might get?

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
      I guess it all depends on what you're looking for in your answer. Are you asking if it is good in terms of whether your body will heal and grow properly
      yes, that's what i want to know...
      i've heard some people saying that it's better to weight train BEFORE boxing class (i don't think so), some saying "better on off days!", and others like "weight training after 1h class is the best option"...
      i'm searching for truth

Comment

There is no correct answer, find it out for yourself. We can't tell you what your body can and can not do.

Comment

Muaythai is a waste of time, trust me I know. Just switch to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Vastine View Post
            Muaythai is a waste of time, trust me I know. Just switch to boxing.
            Why?
            i like boxing... but i don't think that MT is a "waste of time"... smashing opponent's face with a knee it's quite cool

however, my trainer was a boxer...

Comment

Working...
            X