No announcement yet.

Running.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running.

Hi guys, this is my first thread here at the boxingscene.com. First i want to apologize for my bad english and hope you understand (blame the swedish school

I am training boxing 3 times per week and i really enjoy running at the holidays. I use to first warm-up with 4.2 km joging and then i run in intervals uphill slope. I run about 5 times up and then walk down (takes about 8 sec up). Now i wonder if i am doing anything wrong (distans, time etc) or if there is something i can do better or longer/faster and so on? I want to get in great shape for the "diplomserie". And i also wonder if you guys started with "diplommatches" or go directly to amatuerboxing?

/klosse

When I run I usually do 5 miles ,run hard 1mile then 30sec to 2 min walk rest : recovery every mile ,
    depending on how intense the previous mile was .

Comment

5 miles? :O I would never make that ^^

Comment

Originally posted by klosse View Post
        5 miles? :O I would never make that ^^
        If you run 4.2 Kms as a warm up you could definitely do 10kms or more. It isn't actually that difficult, but remember it doesn't have to be a sprint. Just go at a pace you are comfortable with, and you can pick up your speed or add in sprints another time you do it.

Comment

I hope so

Comment

Working...
          X