No announcement yet.

advice for a beginner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for a beginner

This has probably been posted many many times before...but i am gonna ask again....I am 18 years old and began training about two months ago...any advice for a beginner? its really hard for me to be loose in the ring...my shoulders stay tense as much as my trainer gets on to me for that. and walking the ring is kinda awkward...any drills you know of for that? also i am only 5'6" but i weigh 151-156 depending on if its a good day...haha...i believe thats too heavy...do i run to get the weight off...because i've been running 2-3 miles a day for about a week and a half and havent dropped a pound....so anything you can help me with it would help alot...Thank You

Relaxation comes with time and plenty of sparring, be patient

Comment

Originally posted by LAboxing1990 View Post
      This has probably been posted many many times before...but i am gonna ask again....I am 18 years old and began training about two months ago...any advice for a beginner? its really hard for me to be loose in the ring...my shoulders stay tense as much as my trainer gets on to me for that. and walking the ring is kinda awkward...any drills you know of for that? also i am only 5'6" but i weigh 151-156 depending on if its a good day...haha...i believe thats too heavy...do i run to get the weight off...because i've been running 2-3 miles a day for about a week and a half and havent dropped a pound....so anything you can help me with it would help alot...Thank You

Since you "began training about two months ago" one might ask about what you have been doing? What kind of advice are you getting at the gym?

Comment

Whats up LABOXING?

Hey I think your running is great for starting out. I was a bit big for my size in boxing terms that is. I am 5 9 and I was 170, but fit, I did a lot of weight training. That was a nearly a year ago though, now Im 152. Cardio and a great diet help me shed weight with no problem what so ever. A month before my first fight I was already at fight weight! Try shadow boxing in the ring every day that your there. It ll maybe help with the ring jitters you ve been getting. You ll become more comfortable moving around in there with time. Dont rush anything. Good luck

Comment

stop walking in the ring, you should stay against the ropes, defend your body with your hands and dodge pucnhes to your head while countering.

Comment

your diet has alot to do with the weight you've dropped since running, and if your looking to burn more fat..do intervals in ur runs to..say like jog for 2 minutes sprint for one..or when ur jump roping 30 seconds easy jump, then 30 second sprints on it or double jumps and then go back down to easy rhythm for another 30 ..try and eat 3-1 ratio of carbs to protein 6x a day..aand when ur running, try and up ur pace gradually the whole 3 miles..if ur body can already run 3 miles easy at like an 8 minute pace then your not forcing ur body to adapt..your body is smart, it won't change unless it has to =P

Comment

Working...
            X