No announcement yet.

Tiger Balm!!!! review.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Balm!!!! review.

yes, this **** works! i honestly have not tried this until the last month.

i have found that, for sore muscles and bruises, this **** works well. main ingredients is 11% menthol and calmfort. it has an icy warm feeling to it. better than anything i have used so far.

very good for dealing with soreness. so my review is positive on this topical.

it definitely helps and i recommend it after about a month of using it myself. i find myself using it often.

it does not stain, but has just a slight fragrance of menthol to it. all in all, worth using if you box or spar, and is a valuable topic created almost 100 years ago.

i recommend!! highly!

i use dencarub mostly

Comment

I got something better.
      Don't laugh, but people have started to use a product called "Rapigel"
      The reason i say don't laugh is it is an anti-inflammatory gel used on Horses.
      A doctor recommended it to me, it's harmless to humans, but it's used for muscle soreness on 500kg horses.
      I have used it for a couple of years now and it works great, I have found nothing better.

DMC

Comment

Originally posted by DMC View Post
        I got something better.
        Don't laugh, but people have started to use a product called "Rapigel"
        The reason i say don't laugh is it is an anti-inflammatory gel used on Horses.
        A doctor recommended it to me, it's harmless to humans, but it's used for muscle soreness on 500kg horses.
        I have used it for a couple of years now and it works great, I have found nothing better.

DMC
        Where do you get that stuff? I have given up hanging around barnyards a night. Is it all who you know?

Comment

Here in Australia you can get it at most pet stores.

DMC

Comment

I use Tiger balm as well. My aunt actuallt recommended to me when i started boxing coming home sore and bruised wasn't pleasant. It really does work wonders, like one application and it ll last the entire day the warm tingling sensation from the menthol completely takes away the pain. I believe you can pick it up at a place like CVS.

Comment

yea tiger balm is pretty good and cheap. My grandma always keeps a extra bottle for me. But man that stuff smells strong. If my nose is stopped up i take a big sniff of it and it clears up my noise. The **** is great.

Comment

cool to know people here use the goodness. i have used many things in conjunction with my pain meds.

icy-hot: it works alright. not even half as powerfull as the almighty tiger balm. and those extra large patches are not very big. like, u need three or four of those ****ing things to cover your entire lower back.

i use tiger balm for the back top part of my hips up to my mid back and also apply on my chest when to relieve have sweeling from my musculo-skeletel problem.

well-patch = crap. supposedly same strength as extra strength icy-hot, but just doesn't feel like it.

icy-hot cream: it is new. it sucks. don't buy. same ol 5% menthol. tiger balm has 11% menthol. put enough of it on and u feel like a burn victim naked in the middle of a snow bank. so icy-hot is ******* version of tiger balm. and those patches never ****ing stay on through athletic activity.

hey bro, what is in that horse pain relieveing topic?

Comment

h, i ****ing forgot. tiger balm is not the only usefull topical that chinese boxers generally use. dit da jow is very well known. it is hit and bruise medicinal topic used mostly in iron hand or various iron body practices. i have some. it has a cool funky smell to it. i don't do enough iron fist/palm/body to require its use. but, if you condition hands to be able to punch people without having to worry about breaking your hand, then u definitely better get some!

iron fist is one of kostya tszyu's secrets. he even mentioned using an "herbal liniment" in conjunction with training. dit da jow is what he uses. tszyu used to have major swelling with his hands after every fight. then, he says that since he started iron fist work, he has not broken his hands or had a problem in the 7 years since.

just imagine being able to hit as hard as you want, actually increasing your power, and not worrying about hurting your hands. and if you do it right, your hands will not get ****ed up or look freakily callused or have nerve damage of any kind. the secret is to be slow and steady and not use force to condition hands. this way your hands gradually have the skin thicken and the bone increase in density. i submit this knowledge to help u younger boxers and hope this helps make boxing better. i have far too many injuries from when younger to fight these days, so i mostly have taught or teach these days.

Comment

Best advice with tiger balm is to wash ur hands after usin it... make sure u dont touch ur eyes with that **** its volatile.

Comment

Working...
                    X